New Findings and Fixes thread for Droid 2.0.1 OTA updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

windstrings

Reaction score
uptime has always been how long the phone has been on since the last powercycle.

thanks Killer.....I thought I had remembered it being from when I took it off the charger.... guess I was wrong......

But thats the first time I've been wrong since the last time!:)

KennyDroid

Reaction score
i cant zoom in web browser anymore? double taps dont work and there isnt even any - + icons on the screen to do it ...the only thing i can do is to manually go into the menu and select far,medium,close:mad:

I applied the update this morning. But I don't seem to be having any problems with the web browser. Double click works just fine to zoom in or out. If you touch the screen once, still get the - + icons to zoom in or out and they work as well. :motdroidvert:

vzwmandroid

Reaction score
My Droid runs like crap after this ota bs browser is very laggy it freezes it cycles every once in a while I couldn't make calls earlier it shut off once while in the market virtual keyboard lags I did *228-2 no fix did hard reset it froze on start up
My Droid was working flawlessly before this 2.0.1ota bull crap can anyone give me some directions

Excitable Boy

Reaction score
I haven't noticed the browser issue, but may not have used it enough before the update to notice the difference. It's WAAAY better than my WinMo browser.

My battery life seems to be worse, but I had the Auto brightness on before and just noticed it was off after the update. We'll see how that works out.

I don't like the new unlock. I'm right handed and find that I could do it without thinking before where now it will sometimes take me two or three trys to get it to work. Perhaps it's just my hand geometry.

KennyDroid

Reaction score
One thing that I did (something that I found on another forum) was to change the Vocode from EVRC to EVRC-B. This will change how the phone compresses and decompresses audio (not applicable in the scenario but does help call audio quality). The other setting that I changed was the Data Rates from the default to 153.6/153.6. This will change how fast uploads and downloads from the network occur. This may help with the choppiness.

BTW, you can access these settings by going to the dial pad and entering ##PROGRAM (##7764726) and then entering the passcode of 000000.

Give it a try and see if it helps.

evil_O

Reaction score
My battery life seems to be worse, but I had the Auto brightness on before and just noticed it was off after the update. We'll see how that works out.

Just checked. Had the same issue. I just turned it back on.

cuskit

Reaction score
Update applied this morning, my reaction is that collectively we have made a whole lot of noise for not a lot of difference. I cant really tell thats its any faster (but then It wasnt slow before the update). The camera might be a little faster to shoot. The new unlock screen with the ability to silence the phone is nice.

Having said that, Im not disappointed at ALL... Im sure there are a lot of things embedded in it that will be helpful today and going forward (cant tell anything about battery YET, but Ill keep an eye on that). Im glad that Verizon/Moto/Google are keeping the Droid current. I just dont know that there was a whole lot of user visible bang in this update (which would be expected given its 2.0.1 - indicates a pretty minor update.

jc
You could silence phone on old screen by moving the arch counterclockwise. It took a while for me to discover that, which is probably why they changed it. More visible feature now with two arrows. I find it takes more finger/thumb pressure to lock/unlock now. Odd.
Hmmm - you can still silence by sweeping the right side icon (speaker) to the left (counterclockwise). They haven't changed anything here except it went from an arc sweep to a straight line sweep in each direction. And of course, the arc was a visible thing where the current straight path is not. The functions remains the same.

Am I misunderstanding what you are saying here?

mike

Last edited:

mstarbear

Reaction score
I've had the update for 24 hours. I like everything so far. My sound issues are much improved. I will give it a few more days before I believe that. The only thing I have noticed is that my battery life is the same as before. No improvement whatsoever. I rebooted 2 or 3 times. We'll see what it does today...

normwerner

Reaction score
The first OTA update was obviously a rushed effort, but seems to have done many good things while only doing a few bad things. Future updates should perhaps start with the same promise that a physican makes to do no harm.

After the OTA update I had to spend (waste) some time trying to figure out where my contacts went after the update. They were still there, but the update didn't retain my settings, it made its own choice of what contacts to display. I haven't tried everything else yet, but now have to assume that whatever settings I had cosen might have been reset by the update. It would seem reasonable to expect that future OTA updates be set up not to do these resets, but rather collect and honor the users choices prior to the update.

Norm
:motdroidhoriz:

metalmenance

Reaction score
Well couple days with manual update here and I have to say battery life seems better
full charge thur night, left off charger overnight woke up battery was at 90, various emails,texts throughout day (id say screen on for about 4hours total for the day) , did about 2 hours straight web surfing, played games for about hour, had 4 calls (about 30min total) and at 10pm last night battery was at 30

This is my second update, did it as soon as it was up and seemed to be little weird so i redownloaded it, then did update again and its great now.

As far as all my info, contacts where there after update all settings were the same as before. I think I might see what others mean about the browser but its not bad. and I do believe the reason its like this is the tried to fix the problem with the screen flicking all the way down like before, its really due to the great touch sensitivity this droid has which in my opinion is far better than any other device out there today.
my past touch screens BB and WM devices I hated text from screen with my finger size I would make too many mistakes but this droid screen I hardly mistype at all and have gotten very fast in texting/emailing so much so I hardly ever open the reg keyboard, lol

Overall i am a very happy Droid owner and cant wait for better things to come
wish I could send a mp3 file in mms (can email them and any other file with astro) but hey thats not enough to make me hate the droid.

rjw0501

Reaction score
Im with you on that, I should have left everything alone. My Droid was perfect until I put in the OTA upgrade.

captclueless

Reaction score
One thing I noticed after my update was that my keyring app from froogloid no longer worked. The icon was there but it had the market icon instead. When I tried to access it, it said the app was not installed. I reinstalled it, and the info was all still there.

JJM007

Reaction score
I do love the driod... there is only one glitch that the update did not fix.. and that is getting bluetooth to work through Visual voicemail on the Driod. Bluetooth works on everyother function. It's absolutely insane to have fix for this - how does one listen to their voicemails in privacy? or while Driving? I thought the new fix pushed on Visual Voicemail would of solved that problem - but it only added Wifi. Anyone know about a fix? Or am I doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.