Problem Think Tank: Sensors Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Edit: @bmtbandit, yes I have and it works great!

Will flashing the updated D2 Fission still cause the sensor issue?

Obviously you've tried comparing fission 2.4.3 for the D2 and global, and it's a shame that you cant get ahold of angdroid.

I wish i could be more helpful! No idea what I'm doing in this thread lol.

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
Yep, I did compare them...everything is different...I'm pretty sure D2G fission just has moto customized frameworks skinned to look AOSP...

That has always concerned me a bit...why would Angdroid rebuild the frameworks unless he had too...then again. When fission came out we didn't have SBF yet so maybe he did it that way to be safe.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

TinMan09

Reaction score
Not sure if yall saw my post in the other thread, ive been quite busy the last few days so i havent really been able to look at this stuff much. From what i've read the D2G doesnt have Gesture files, but the D2 does? If we're loading D2 roms onto the D2G, would the D2G equivalent of the gesture files be messing with something? Gesture files from what i've read just tell the phone which motion your finger/stylus makes on the screen so that it scrolls that way. The D2G has to have the equivalent of that maybe just renamed. Not sure if its been looked into already and im no dev, but im just trying to think outside the box. it might not be that a file is missing, might just be a clash between two files causing the reboot. Just because a certain file works with the said gesture files on a d2 doesnt mean said file will work with d2g's "gesture" file

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
I ran strings on both the D2 and D2G sensor files. The D2G file has a "gesture" remark in it but the D2 version doesn't...it is possible that the D2G handles gestures in the sesnsor file...which I admit would be weird since the touchscreen isn't one of the listed "sensors" in the file.

But maybe you're right and there is some other gesture file.

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I ran strings on both the D2 and D2G sensor files. The D2G file has a "gesture" remark in it but the D2 version doesn't...it is possible that the D2G handles gestures in the sesnsor file...which I admit would be weird since the touchscreen isn't one of the listed "sensors" in the file.

Can you please grab a logcat of it failing :)

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
Wait, I just got an idea...
Might be a bad one but anyway...

If D2 Roms are looking for a gestures.droid2we.so or gestures.droid2.so, and that gesture code is built into the D2G sensors.droid2we.so, would it be possible to create two blank gesture files that are just symlinks to sensors.droid2we.so.

My battery is too low right now to flash my Liberty Nandroid to give it a shot. I'll try in the AM unless someone beats me to it.

Last edited:

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Can you please grab a logcat of it failing :)

I posted a few in another thread.... I think it was the romer thread. It seems to restart the log on reboot so don't actually have where it fails (might be because I have cache manager set up to run on boot, idk what all it cleans I just know that its snappier after).

Sent from my Liberated D2G

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Wait, I just got an idea...
Might be a bad one but anyway...

If D2 Roms are looking for a gestures.droid2we.so or gestures.droid2.so, and that gesture code is built into the D2G sensors.droid2we.so, would it be possible to create two blank gesture files that are just symlinks to sensors.droid2we.so.

My battery is too low right not to flash my Liberty Nandroid to give it a shot. I'll try in the AM unless someone beats me to it.

Any chance you can right up the symlinks and tell me where to put them? I'll give it a shot if you do....

Sent from my Liberated D2G

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
Using Adb or terminal (assumes you're running liberty):

Code:
su

sysrw

cd /system/lib/hw

ln -s sensors.droid2we.so gestures.droid2we.so

ln -sf sensors.droid2we.so gestures.droid2.so

Then reboot.

If the sensors are disabled, meaning their called sensors.droid2we.bak, then you might need to enable them before you can make the symlinks.

Last edited:

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
alright, ill give it a go in a minute.... Yea, I tested v6 of the romer with liberty 1.5

edit: tried it..... said "link failed no such file or directory" with sensors on

Last edited:

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Using Adb or terminal (assumes you're running liberty):

Code:
su

sysrw

cd /system/lib/hw

ln -s sensors.droid2we.so gestures.droid2we.so

ln -sf sensors.droid2we.so gestures.droid2.so

Then reboot.

If the sensors are disabled, meaning their called sensors.droid2we.bak, then you might need to enable them before you can make the symlinks.

you tried swapping out libdvm? if you do you should swap out /system/bin/dalvikvm and maybe dexopt and installd

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
We do use libdvm but the bin files md5sum the same as the d2G versions, so I've never tried those.

try swapping libdvm with the one you are not using (if using d2's then try d2g's vise versa) the seg-fault in the logcat seems to bring it up a lot

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
We do use libdvm but the bin files md5sum the same as the d2G versions, so I've never tried those.

try swapping libdvm with the one you are not using (if using d2's then try d2g's vise versa) the seg-fault in the logcat seems to bring it up a lot

Alright, ill give that a shot in the am when my phone batt is sbf-able. Unless 13th beats me too it.

Status
Not open for further replies.