Report your ICS on Razr experience here.

DroidRazr75

Reaction score
I have no problem with ICS now. After doing wipe cache and a factory reset battery life is great. I only have 3G coverage where I live. But when I went to Reno battery life sucks. Why does 4G drain the battery so bad?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
Is it possible that there is a smart action setting that is putting your phone in airplane mode at night? Or do you have any battery saving apps that might be doing the same thing. Some battery saving apps will have a battery saving profile that will have as default of that profile to put the phone into airplane mode during the night hours. Hope you get this resolved soon, if not already.

I agree, sounds like it Could be a smart action. I would disable all smart actions, and get rid of any battery boosting apps and see what happens

moset

Reaction score
I have noticed that while my overall battery use had remained pretty much the same with ICS the screen seems to use more.
I'm talking about the actual screen battery use per hour of screen on time.
With GB it would average around 10%/hour, on ICS it runs over 12%/hour.
Having said that I can get 6 hours of screen on time from a charge now which is a little better than GB. I know this doesn't seem to make sense but I think the OS battery use is improved enough that it leaves more battery for the screen.

What's interesting is if i go into safe mode I get back to 10%/hour of screen use. That's the strange thing to me. I could understand other battery use improving in safe Mode but why screen time?
I have tried lux to reduce brightness but i just can't enjoy the phone with the lowered brightness. I uninstalled it so safe mode has nothing to do with that.
It may be my imagination but my first impression after the update to ICS the screen just looked better. I use auto brightness both before and after the update.

Btw, I'm in safe mode right now testing my findings for the third time. Most user installed apps don't work as expected, but as you can see from my sig below Tapatalk still works in safe mode. It was on my home screen, it does not show in the apps screen.

The real question is, what does safe mode do that would effect the screen power use? 10% hour in safe over 12%/hour in normal mode.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

hcbch

Reaction score
why haven't I got my ice cream sandwich update yet? my husband and I are on the same account and he got his over a month ago.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

joshxdroid

Reaction score
hcbch said:
why haven't I got my ice cream sandwich update yet? my husband and I are on the same account and he got his over a month ago.

Assuming you are not rooted, you probably have to do a factory data reset and then check update status again.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
hcbch said:

Call Verizon customer support, I think they can push it to you

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

BadAtPlaygrounds

Reaction score
I like the new GUI overall but my enjoyment of the new system is hampered by my inability to connect to wifi. My phone will stay on the "obtaining ip address" stage and then quit after a while saying that it "avoided poor internet connection." This is especially frustrating as I had to give up my unlimited data plan in order to upgrade and i would prefer to use the wifi available in my own house instead of wasting my now precious data. :angry:

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
BadAtPlaygrounds said:
I like the new GUI overall but my enjoyment of the new system is hampered by my inability to connect to wifi. My phone will stay on the "obtaining ip address" stage and then quit after a while saying that it "avoided poor internet connection." This is especially frustrating as I had to give up my unlimited data plan in order to upgrade and i would prefer to use the wifi available in my own house instead of wasting my now precious data. :angry:

How old is your router? Might be in need of a firmware update or perhaps a new router. Are you using any encryption?

maxtorque

Reaction score
Update: After initial issues with super fast battery drain on my RAZR (std bat), I took the advice from those here and performed a total MFR. It was a pain to reorganize things, but reinstalling apps from Google account made that part a breeze. It took about a week or so, but battery life eventually improved. So much so now that it lasts longer than before the upgrade and I have 4G coverage almost everywhere. For me that means about 16 hours of standard use (no streaming video).
I like most of the upgrade features but there are a few new annoyances. The biggest is the loss if the primary call number from the contact pull down. I now have to select a number to call for that person every time instead of jumping straight into a call. There are a few like this where added steps are now required with no way to create shortcuts.

Luteplayers

Reaction score
There is a way to put shortcut to a specific number using the direct dial widget.

Lkvcutie

Reaction score
So as of right now I am having issues I looked at my phone and realized that I had absolutely no 4g or 3g all I had is the bars. Then earlier I charged my phone completely with it turned off and right when I turned back on it automatically dropped to 90%. I've never had an issue with battery up until earlier and I know the Facebook app was causing my wifi and 4g and 3g to drop but when I go to uninstall it it only uninstalls the updates for the app. What can I do to fix the problem? Should I just do a reset and not do the system update so that way I won't have to have the Facebook app on my phone? Please help me!!

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Lkvcutie said:
So as of right now I am having issues I looked at my phone and realized that I had absolutely no 4g or 3g all I had is the bars. Then earlier I charged my phone completely with it turned off and right when I turned back on it automatically dropped to 90%. I've never had an issue with battery up until earlier and I know the Facebook app was causing my wifi and 4g and 3g to drop but when I go to uninstall it it only uninstalls the updates for the app. What can I do to fix the problem? Should I just do a reset and not do the system update so that way I won't have to have the Facebook app on my phone? Please help me!!

Actually a factory reset will not remove the system update. Facebook can be disabled though. But i doubt that's causing your problems. The battery issue may not be a concern. 100% only represents 100 down to 95% it's very possible you charged out till it was 95% (the indicator would say 100%) and booting the phone up used that one percent thus it dropped to 94% with the indicator saying 90%. So it really didn't drop 10% it only dropped 1 or 2. Now... On to the connectivity problem. First, check to make sure you don't have any smart actions turning of your data. Maybe you are in a bad reception zone? There could be other problems. Sometimes your phone needs a reboot. Sometimes i have put it in airplane mode for a second then turn airplane mode off and data comes back.

maxtorque

Reaction score
Luteplayers said:
There is a way to put shortcut to a specific number using the direct dial widget.

I tried placing the Direct Dial widget on my "desktop", but it won't stay and my contacts proceed to open. I can't get it to work. Any suggestions?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
From your app drawer, press and hold the direct dial or contact widget (there are two of them, one for all contacts and one for a designated contact). It will open your list of all your contacts. Choose from the list the contact you want to direct dial and it will appear on your homescreen. Once on your homescreen, you can press and hold to move it where you want it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Last edited:

Lkvcutie

Reaction score
joshxdroid said:
Actually a factory reset will not remove the system update. Facebook can be disabled though. But i doubt that's causing your problems. The battery issue may not be a concern. 100% only represents 100 down to 95% it's very possible you charged out till it was 95% (the indicator would say 100%) and booting the phone up used that one percent thus it dropped to 94% with the indicator saying 90%. So it really didn't drop 10% it only dropped 1 or 2. Now... On to the connectivity problem. First, check to make sure you don't have any smart actions turning of your data. Maybe you are in a bad reception zone? There could be other problems. Sometimes your phone needs a reboot. Sometimes i have put it in airplane mode for a second then turn airplane mode off and data comes back.

So when I was charging my phone it was off and it did say fully charged so I unplugged it and turned it on right when my unlock screen popped up I noticed the battery had already dropped so I plugged it back in and it said 90% 15 minutes later it said 100% I unplugged it again and it dropped again right after I unplugged it. Do I need to wait for the notification tone before I unplug it? I figured out the connection problem it was a smart action I had one set up to disable mobile data while my wifi was on and I guess when I left the house and turned off my wifi the mobile data didn't come back on.