[ROM] TWO roms?? This guy's crazy!

sephtin

Reaction score

Droid74

Reaction score
So Sephtin, what is your take on that new thread between Apex and Rubix. I find it interesting. I do have a question about it...doesnt this ROM run on the set 1ghz? They said in that thread it runs at 600mhz. Can you shed some light on this for me plz.
Thanks

thetomas

Reaction score
The thread said rubix runs the same at 600 as apex does at 1000. It means rubix is more optimized/faster.

Droid74

Reaction score
I see that Blurry .6 is on ROM manager...very cool. Any ideas whats changed. I didnt see the notes here

sephtin

Reaction score
I see that Blurry .6 is on ROM manager...very cool. Any ideas whats changed. I didnt see the notes here

Blurry 0.6 is currently a blank nothing.. as in, " ".

We're testing the feature in ROM Manager that lets you "Check for ROM Updates"...
I'm pretty sure I changed the name of it to "TESTBlurry0.6" or something, right?

Anyway, don't waste your time with it, until it's announced. :)

drod will certainly post something when it's available... :)

Droid74

Reaction score

We're testing the feature in ROM Manager that lets you "Check for ROM Updates"...
I'm pretty sure I changed the name of it to "TESTBlurry0.6" or something, right?

Well its down now...u know i use to love Blurry...but I dont think i can take myself away from Focused!!!!

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, the blurry test up on rom manager was exactly that.. a blank file, to try and test the ota system :)

the next Blurry update will have many different versions

1. Full on blur
2. Full on blur with ADW instead of blur home
3. No News, Weather, Photo widget
4. More blur removed (not sure what else I want to remove for it)
5. The old rubiX Focused 0.5 level of blur.. Phone, Contacts, Gallery, Camera, and thats it

BGill55 is being nice enough to help me with it :) Also, I have a surprise as well ;)

thetomas

Reaction score
Haha, i managed to try and flash that update in the short amount of time it was up. Obviously it failed, but desire for the new version lives on. I'm really looking forward to a new blurry rom. 0.3 is so fast and i'm glad ADW is going to be an option. I, for one, didn't mind the blur stuff, except the slowish launcher and the bloat. I hope you don't remove too much, as I want to be able to use hdmi, dlna, and... maybe the blur widgets, i don' tknow what else there was in blur. Just make sure you take all the social messaging crap out.

on another note, (and i'm sure i'd do better asking the lcd density guy) why does the calendar widget (the one with the task list, that never loads) work at increased density on some roms and not others? I believe it worked in focused, but doesn't work in blurry...

Anyway, thanks for the great roms.

sephtin

Reaction score

Well its down now...u know i use to love Blurry...but I dont think i can take myself away from Focused!!!!

It was only up for testing. Might go up again for testing in the next couple days...
No set ETA on a new version... sorry :(

Edit:
For Clarity.. *sigh*.. "Up for testing".. there was no ROM up at all. Only ROM Manager was set up for testing... It wasn't for ROM testing, it was for testing the Check for updates option in ROM Manager...
Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Haha, i managed to try and flash that update in the short amount of time it was up. Obviously it failed, but desire for the new version lives on. I'm really looking forward to a new blurry rom. 0.3 is so fast and i'm glad ADW is going to be an option. I, for one, didn't mind the blur stuff, except the slowish launcher and the bloat. I hope you don't remove too much, as I want to be able to use hdmi, dlna, and... maybe the blur widgets, i don' tknow what else there was in blur. Just make sure you take all the social messaging crap out.

on another note, (and i'm sure i'd do better asking the lcd density guy) why does the calendar widget (the one with the task list, that never loads) work at increased density on some roms and not others? I believe it worked in focused, but doesn't work in blurry...

the density.. no idea.

ADW now supports motorola widgets and widget resizing, so that will be a seperate option. As far as I see it, hdmi isn't blur, just only integrated in the blur gallery. hdmi is codeable, i'm trying :) The way I have it planned, it may not be fully for the first release, but it will be within days after tops, is there will be a rom for one specific blur action if thats what the user wants. Remember, its just hopes, but if I cant get exactly that going, it will be something very similar, since rubiX Focused is now completely blurless, and (very very soon, thanks to help from a few devs) it will be complete aosp, I will not officially release, nor support a "blur" patch in on it.

The way I see it, you can have blur as much or little as you want, then a rom with absolutely no blur available.

What do you guys think of my new "vision" for blurry and focused? :)

sephtin

Reaction score

the density.. no idea.

ADW now supports motorola widgets and widget resizing, so that will be a seperate option. As far as I see it, hdmi isn't blur, just only integrated in the blur gallery. hdmi is codeable, i'm trying :) The way I have it planned, it may not be fully for the first release, but it will be within days after tops, is there will be a rom for one specific blur action if thats what the user wants. Remember, its just hopes, but if I cant get exactly that going, it will be something very similar, since rubiX Focused is now completely blurless, and (very very soon, thanks to help from a few devs) it will be complete aosp, I will not officially release, nor support a "blur" patch in on it.

The way I see it, you can have blur as much or little as you want, then a rom with absolutely no blur available.

What do you guys think of my new "vision" for blurry and focused? :)

Personally, I like it.
There will always be people that want the blur-less ROM, with the 1 or 2 blur components that they want/need on it. :p But other than that, just let me know what I can do to help!

jgmarz

Reaction score
Text size

I've seen on other roms the ability to increase the font size in the stock texting app. I'm visually challenged and would really appreciate if that was included in the update. I know handcent has that option but it's not the same as stock.

millbean

Reaction score
just reporting feedback. running focused 1 for about 5 days with red incognito( clear sliders are awesome) 1 minor glitch battery manager force closes when trying to view stats . Other than that its a bad mofo

alosenster

Reaction score
My one qualm with blurry 0.3 is that even though I downloaded Google Search, there is a different app called "Search" that is linked to my search button. Is there anything I can do to change that?