rubiX Blurry Bread

SeanRinVA

Reaction score
What happens when you long-press the Search key? On mine (Not yet running RubiX Blurry Bread, just Rooted/Deodexed GB), it comes up asking for app assignment.

My only issue with Rubix is that even when I get Google Search from the market, I don't know of a way to assign it to the search key. Is this doable?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

anrichardson

Reaction score
What happens when you long-press the Search key? On mine (Not yet running RubiX Blurry Bread, just Rooted/Deodexed GB), it comes up asking for app assignment.

My only issue with Rubix is that even when I get Google Search from the market, I don't know of a way to assign it to the search key. Is this doable?

If you long press the search key, you get voice search.

rjs987

Reaction score
You have to move the com.googlesearch.....apk from data/apps to system/app directory with root explorer

I did this and the search button (Hard Key) still does not work. Any ideas?

I had the same issue, and tried the same thing. I had to clear data cause I had my sync icon in notification and would not go away. And my hard search key works now.

So just wipe data. And you'll get it back.

When you say wipe you mean in settings/applications? I tryed that and still no go. Sorry being a noob but can you post a step by step instruction on this as I like rubixbread better than ginger. Thanks

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Means to do a factory reset, settings > privacy > factory reset. Wipes all of the apps off your phone.

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2

SeanRinVA

Reaction score

I stand corrected - I'm seeing the same behavior - no search with a quick push of the search button.

marcfogel

Reaction score

I stand corrected - I'm seeing the same behavior - no search with a quick push of the search button.

When you moved the app to the System/App folder did you make sure the permissions were set correctly? Not sure if this matters or not.

mugsy77

Reaction score
Anyone having issues editing Contacts that were synchronized via Google? Contacts app bombs out when trying to edit.

Sent from my DROIDX

jdog94

Reaction score
this runs good on d2 with the exception of keyboard and camera
anyone know how to get these working on d2?

mugsy77

Reaction score
Thanks for the response about contacts.

What do you folks recommend to disable ads?

Sent from my DROIDX

cuebask

Reaction score
Running strong for 3 days with Juice on top of it. This is by far the best my X has ever run. Can't wait for a completely blurless build. Good job!

buxcbj

Reaction score
So if I decide to go back to Rubix can I still use either the Droid 2 bootloader? If not then I guess I just leave the DroidX bootloader in place when applying GB and rolling back to Rubix if necessary?

epsilonbass

Reaction score

When you moved the app to the System/App folder did you make sure the permissions were set correctly? Not sure if this matters or not.

For what it's worth:
I moved the app, the button didn't work. I rebooted the phone, and then the button did work. I didn't wipe or factory reset or anything like that.

aklee987

Reaction score
Dumb question. How do I know if Blurry Bread has installed? There's no custom boot animation, right?

I've flashed ROMS before, and am good at SBFing, but I feel like an idiot. The install in bootstrap says it's successful. But everything else looks the same as stock?