rubiX Blurry Bread

teh_g

Reaction score
A lot of applications were force closing on me and TB didn't want to restore most of my data. Maybe my sbf didn't work as well as I had hoped or something...

Maybe I will try again tonight, since no one else seems to have this problem with GB or Blurry Bread.

I only have FC's from one thing....trying to access battery history through Spare parts.

I did have several screwy issues the first time I installed this. Why? Not following directions. I just had to be hard-headed....:icon_eek:

wipe data/cache(factory reset)

You probably won't need to sbf. Just restore you backup prior to installing this, factory reset and then reinstall this.

I did a full sbf, rooted, booted to clockwork, wiped data/cache (three times for good luck), then installed the rooted GB, started phone, booted to clockwork, wiped data/cache, installed Blurry Bread, wiped data/cache some more, and now I am restoring apps. Update coming soon.

teh_g

Reaction score
Still can't restore data via TB. I will wait until everything is figured out by someone else. Back to Froyo.

epsilonbass

Reaction score
J-Rummy's Overclock app does work with Gingerbread and this rom. He updated the program after the gb leak. I would warn against my previous favorite Quickclock Advanced until they release something for the gingerbread leak as when I run that, it ends it's automated process early and sets my phone at 1500mhrz,which I'm pretty sure my phone typically wants to stop around 1200...

Does anyone know if this rom is deodexed? It didn't seem to specifically say that it was... but I flashed the Gingercomb theme over it (which requires deodexing) with no problem.

I wiped battery stats today and let my phone do it's thing. With about normal use it ran for 11 hours which is a little under what I expect it to do. Hopefully after it's fully charged again I should see some better results. Will also be trying the imoaeyon zip tomorrow to see if that can tweak it at all. Hopefully that works well with gingerbread (if not let me know! haha)

Also don't tell all the peeps in the Liberty forum that I switched... 2.0 pre-release was good, I just wanted to try some gb roms!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
J-Rummy's Overclock app does work with Gingerbread and this rom. He updated the program after the gb leak. I would warn against my previous favorite Quickclock Advanced until they release something for the gingerbread leak as when I run that, it ends it's automated process early and sets my phone at 1500mhrz,which I'm pretty sure my phone typically wants to stop around 1200...

Does anyone know if this rom is deodexed? It didn't seem to specifically say that it was... but I flashed the Gingercomb theme over it (which requires deodexing) with no problem.

I wiped battery stats today and let my phone do it's thing. With about normal use it ran for 11 hours which is a little under what I expect it to do. Hopefully after it's fully charged again I should see some better results. Will also be trying the imoaeyon zip tomorrow to see if that can tweak it at all. Hopefully that works well with gingerbread (if not let me know! haha)

Also don't tell all the peeps in the Liberty forum that I switched... 2.0 pre-release was good, I just wanted to try some gb roms!

You will be fine with the imoaeyon zip :)

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score

RubiX is already tweaked like imoseyon tweaks so you would not see better results. But Most if not all ROMs are already deodexed to begin with thats why you are able to theme them. But i have a question that hasnt been answered and i know some peeps hate it when they repost the same question but i want to know what Drodspeed is.

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

RubiX is already tweaked like imoseyon tweaks so you would not see better results. But Most if not all ROMs are already deodexed to begin with thats why you are able to theme them. But i have a question that hasnt been answered and i know some peeps hate it when they repost the same question but i want to know what Drodspeed is.

No hatin here...

DrodSpeed is like an inside joke that came to be, well, not so inside.

Some of my main testers called my tweaks DrodSpeed cause one night I proved to a few of them what the tweaks did, and why they worked so well.
Then, they tried to get it trending on twitter. It kinda stuck haha.

But yes, my init.d and sysctl tweaks are the base for imoseyon's tweaks. The only difference relative to the ones that are true to both, is vfs_cache_pressure is set to 1 in his tweaks, and 25 (maybe 50, can't remember) in my sysctl.conf. He uses cron to purge caches every night at 3 am. I like to keep things more simple, as they function best simple (just my opinion, not knocking him in any way..) so running the imoseyon tweak zip on my rom, will be redundant, and essentially running the same thing twice, which will likely do more harm than good

whitlecj

Reaction score
Anyone know if the 3g hotspot hack is included in this rom? P3droid is advising everyone to remove the hacked 3g hotpot. Love blurrybread. Best gingerbread from out. Thanks

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Anyone know if the 3g hotspot hack is included in this rom? P3droid is advising everyone to remove the hacked 3g hotpot. Love blurrybread. Best gingerbread from out. Thanks

No it is not. I will not intentionally edit anything on your phone that isn't easily undone or edited (by easily, I mean via root explorer or terminal script easily)

Darkside86

Reaction score
Anyone else not have their hard keys lighting up while running this? didn't know if out was a known issue or not

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Anyone else not have their hard keys lighting up while running this? didn't know if out was a known issue or not

I wish I could keep my hard key light off perminantly. I do use AdjBrightness but would like to not have this app at all if I could figure out how to disable it.

FYI, I unplugged my charger around 8am and got down to 5% at 12:am! DrodSpeed FTW! ;-)

epsilonbass

Reaction score
But yes, my init.d and sysctl tweaks are the base for imoseyon's tweaks.

Thanks Drod, sounds good, and thanks for the info. I've ran rubix focused on my X for a bit, but never really dug into all the details. Sounds like you got everything under control! Can't wait to see all that you can do with gingerbread!

mcp770

Reaction score
So far so good. Battery life is phenomenal. What scripts did you include and what feedback do you need Drod?

whitlecj

Reaction score

No it is not. I will not intentionally edit anything on your phone that isn't easily undone or edited (by easily, I mean via root explorer or terminal script easily)

Thank you drod2169. Your roms are incredible and I can't wait to see what you end up doing with gingerbread.