[THEME] Gingercomb with a touch of Juice - 2.3 Gingerbread Theme

@Juicemane: Would you be able to update the framework-res.apk with the CRT Off Animation? I tried to do it myself with APK Manager 4.9, but was running into a host of errors from the .9 prior to the .png extension, as well as an incorrectly allocated index in the public.xml. I can still recompile the file without any errors, but the package becomes smaller, which I would imagine is a result of the unallocated files that get nixed rather than assigned.

The process simply entails changing the boolean value of "config_animateScreenLights" to "false" in res/values/bools.xml (when decompiled). I would like to try fixing this myself for the experience, but alas, I do not know how as of this point. Any help would be most appreciated.

I created an update.zip to add the CRT Off Animation for this theme. To do this, I had to:

1) Replace all of the .9.png files with the original unmodified files in the dxgbrooteddeodexed.zip framework-res.apk
2) Decompile framework-res.apk
3) Edit bools.xml to change "config_animateScreenLights" to "false"
4) Recompile framework-res.apk
5) Replace all unmodified .9.png files with the modified versions from Gingercomb.Juice.Leak.2.3.zip

Tedious, but it works. Please see the link for a download:
CRT Off Animation for Gingercomb with a touch of Juice

That crt animation is by far my favorite animation yet on this phone.

Sweet Ill check it out tomorrow and do a rework of the theme, check back for updates guys! In the mean time use the patch posted above, Ill add it to the OP as well!

My lock screen is no longer there at all. It goes directly to the home ui when I press the unlock button? Any ideas? I love the look and appreciate the CRT update. Look forward to seeing the full release.

Is there any chance of you making the settings black? I can't stand the white background of the settings, it doesn't look good to me and is to bright at night. A black background in the Settings is much nicer.

Also, can you incorporate the CRT-off animation into this theme? That'd be perfect? Also, did you theme the dialer at all?

This theme looks great so far, by the way!
I agree about the white settings. Black looks so much better on the DX. Black keyboard would be nice too.

I will be installing GB on my DX on Friday. Happy to see developers making themes for it already.
dancedroid

My lock screen is no longer there at all. It goes directly to the home ui when I press the unlock button? Any ideas? I love the look and appreciate the CRT update. Look forward to seeing the full release.

I tested this and appear to have the same problem myself. I will try to look into it and see if I can find a solution.

Edit: Wait... are you referring to the screen lock (under security), or the slider lock? If you're referring to the slider lock, then neither the theme nor the CRT Off Animation should be responsible for its disappearance... Something else must be at work here.

If you are referring to the screen lock, make sure you set the lock timer to a suitable value (which I had initially neglected when I was checking out this report).

I tested this and appear to have the same problem myself. I will try to look into it and see if I can find a solution.

Edit: Wait... are you referring to the screen lock (under security), or the slider lock? If you're referring to the slider lock, then neither the theme nor the CRT Off Animation should be responsible for its disappearance... Something else must be at work here.

If you are referring to the screen lock, make sure you set the lock timer to a suitable value (which I had initially neglected when I was checking out this report).

I don't have the security lock set at all. I don't get the slider lock screen. That's to say it flashes up for a second then goes straight to the home ui

This theme looks amazing....my only frustration is all the white in the second (bottom) 3 screenshots from the original post.

This theme looks amazing....my only frustration is all the white in the second (bottom) 3 screenshots from the original post.

Im going to work on changing that shortly. The new Blur UI moved a lot of stuff around and made it a huge pain to customize. Im going to try to make it a black shadow or remove it completely. Stay tuned

:icon_ banana:

I ported the 2.2 BlackJuice Theme over for GB!! So far all works great!!

I was an easy port using WugFresh!!

I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post it up or not, so, i'll keep it to myself for now....but all seems great so far!! (i guess if you want it...PM me!)

GingerJuice BABY!!

EDIT: Yes, the settings screen is still a white background...btw.

I ported the 2.2 BlackJuice Theme over for GB!! So far all works great!!

I was an easy port using WugFresh!!

I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post it up or not, so, i'll keep it to myself for now....but all seems great so far!! (i guess if you want it...PM me!)

GingerJuice BABY!!

EDIT: Yes, the settings screen is still a white background...btw.

email me a copy of it if you dont mind, ill put some tweaks into it and then repost it. [email protected]

can u make a version with the stock green battery? i cant stand accurate battery mods :p theme looks sweet btw.

Back