Theming Guide for changing system text settings.

Tone Capone

Reaction score
There does not seem to be any color information in the eri.xml.

I am running the Droid X Fission Rom 2.4.3.

I will try what you both suggested for centering the carrier text. Thanks for the responses.

Tone Capone

Reaction score
Ok, using the play commands as a guide as you suggested, ecsnead69, I was able to get the text centered. Thanks a bunch.

How do you change the color of the background of the system settings menu (the one with call settings, sound, display, etc)? It is currently black with gray line separators. Nothing I have changed so far has affected it. Is it somewhere in the AndroidManifest.xml perhaps?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Tone.. that would more than likely be in settings.apk, not the framework.

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's going to be in the colors.xml in framework. It is dark_background I believe... but be careful, this will change EVERY background that calls this color... the dividers are in framework as well. they are listed as horizontal dividers. I am not exactly which one it is, I make all the dividers transparent for my theme, but you can use a bright noticeable color to figure out which is which.... glad you got the text centered...

Tone Capone

Reaction score
That's going to be in the colors.xml in framework. It is dark_background I believe...

Yes, that worked for when the menu is scrolling...and there is another background color in drawables.xml that I had to change for when the menu first comes up and any time it is not scrolling.

Thanks again for the help.

I'll try messing with the dividers next :)

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Ok I found the ticker color in the xmls where is the date and clock colors? Services.jar? Is there away to manually edit that with out the colorchanger.jar????

Tone Capone

Reaction score
When you answer a call from the lockscreen by swiping from left to right, the word "Answer" shows up in the graphic. Does anyone know where this is handled?
I would like it to have text in the bar when I unlock it, or turn sound off too.
Thx in advance.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok I found the ticker color in the xmls where is the date and clock colors? Services.jar? Is there away to manually edit that with out the colorchanger.jar????

If I am not mistaken, you will need to learn smali

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
When you answer a call from the lockscreen by swiping from left to right, the word "Answer" shows up in the graphic. Does anyone know where this is handled?
I would like it to have text in the bar when I unlock it, or turn sound off too.
Thx in advance.

That's just a graphic in the drawable-land-hdpi folder

Tone Capone

Reaction score
That's just a graphic in the drawable-land-hdpi folder

I looked in both the drawable-hdpi folders, and they only have jog_tab stuff with graphics, no words...what I see when I answer a call from the lockscreen is that the word "Answer" is superimposed on top of the jog_tab_blah_blah graphic. :confused:

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Tone, the answer and decline "words" are in phone.apk... the others are in framework..

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you want to change the wording it is in the strings.xml. like ecsnead stated.

Tone Capone

Reaction score
If you want to change the wording it is in the strings.xml. like ecsnead stated.

Cool! Thanks guys. Is there a way to get the same thing to happen (with different text, obviously) when swiping to unlock on the lockscreen?