Theming Guide for changing system text settings.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mbk.. could you elaborate on that compression thing a bit?

PE recompiles just fone but when I go to load on phone it bootloops. In order to make it work, right now I have to, decompile, edit, recompile THEN.. grab the stock PE frame and move my edited xml's over to it. Could this compression thing be the solution?

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Guys, this might be a little different. He mentioned Odin, so I believe he has a fascinate.... the themeing may be different somehow?

Sent just before I "Blacked Out"

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
X, what problems are you having with PE? I haven't had any issues....

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

PE recompiles just fone but when I go to load on phone it bootloops. In order to make it work, right now I have to, decompile, edit, recompile THEN.. grab the stock PE frame and move my edited xml's over to it. Could this compression thing be the solution?

Certain ROMs like LFY don't accept compressed apks iir..... and I did find PE to be kinda finicky as well, but I think with PEv4.1 can since it did when I tried merely installing seperate APKs as update.zip or straight APK installs... but it did not like update.zips of gmail nor contacts, so there must be more to it than that, only he know....unless you figured it out..;)

other ROMs like BB and UD readily accept the apks APKMgr compressed or not... so I'm not certain why some don't/can't

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Puzzling since you put out two themes for PE already??... I'm also puzzled if you were referring to the framework I PM'd to you last nite for you to look at... that recompiles 'and' installs just fine, and it does have a shietload of edits, and I think it installed w/ or w/o compression

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That is puzzling then. Yeah I had to edit, recompile and then move the xmls over to get PE to work. Actngrezy even knew about it.. said he had the same issue. Now I am confused..lol

Also, on the frame you PM'd me.. it was not that one. I saw that this morning. Was going to test it out tonight when I got home. hmmmm... also could be another issue I just thought of. I will have to do some testing tonight.

Last edited:

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What issues are you guys having with PE? I have decompiled and recompiled it with no problems....

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My guess is that I wasn't having problems with PE, but APK Manager was messing with me. I modified APK Manager and completely fixed all my issues but I thought about it and I have yet to try PE frame since I did that. Snead.. you know what I'm talking about.. the day I was venting to you on Gtalk about Yahoo Mail not working.

The issue I was having is that it decompiled fine, i edited it and it recompiled fine. Then I would go to install it and it bootlooped. So I just got creative to make it work basically.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What issues are you guys having with PE? I have decompiled and recompiled it with no problems....

That is puzzling then. Yeah I had to edit, recompile and then move the xmls over to get PE to work. Actngrezy even knew about it.. said he had the same issue. Now I am confused..lol

What xkape described above...
but I haven't had no issues decompiling nor recompiling PE stock ...or... a PE framework I was playing around with and heavily editted, even that recompiles and installs with no issues...
so it's odd that Actngrezy himself had some same quirks with his own ROM that xkape ran into///??

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, I downloaded that version of 4.9 with the 1.3.1 apktool... thanks for the heads up!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I hear all this about APKtool 1.3.2 having issues when used in APKManager 4.9, and how 1.3.1 works better in APKMgr 4.9...but I don't get it???... 1.3.1 had more issues for me when I tried it in APKMgr, now I just tried it again and it couldn't even recompile an uneditted GMail.apk that I just used it to decompile with???

what issues are you guys having with 1.3.2??

Deciple

Reaction score
thanks! gonna try this right now, will let you know how it goes

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah that doesn't look like any images in our ROMs.... especially all the zz zzz zzzz_tw stuff... where is this ROM from?

Deciple

Reaction score
From The Viper team,..........I'm using an Epic 4G.........I can get this to work, just can't use my own drawable hdpi images ..............yet.
I'll get it figured out.
I know you all are using a different phone, but it's still android, so if you guys think of anything, let me know and I'll try it.
Like I've said I've gotten it to work just not 100%.