Will you choose the Droid Moto Z Force over the "regular" Droid Moto Z?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you think the added features of the Droid Moto Z Force make it worth upgrading to?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Yes, after owning the Turbo 2 with a shatter shield screen, and not having to worry about dropping my phone, I can't see myself going back to a traditional glass screen.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Worth it just for the bigger battery size alone. Too bad it's locked into Big Red.

The way I understood the announcement was that is was available on Verizon first (this Summer), then available world wide in September.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
I don't see any real benefit to not going with the Z Force over the Z. I mean yeah, the Z will cost less but it's alot less of a phone IMHO. Much better screen, much better rear camera with higher resolution and DTI on the Force, and significantly bigger battery, but not heavier.

The Deep Trench Isolation (DTI) - Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) is essentially the same technology used in the iPhone 6S iSight (from Tom's Hardware);

Camera-Deep_Trench_Isolation.png

Last edited:

jpiarull

I don't see any real benefit to not going with the Z Force over the Z. I mean yeah, the Z will cost less but it's alot less of a phone IMHO. Much better screen, much better rear camera with higher resolution and DTI on the Force, and significantly bigger battery, but not heavier.

The Deep Trench Isolation (DTI) - Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) is essentially the same technology used in the iPhone 6S iSight (from Tom's Hardware);

Camera-Deep_Trench_Isolation.png

Just out of curiosity, what is the largest MicroSD card available? I saw a deal for a PNY 128 GB for $34.99.

Amazon.com: PNY Elite 128GB Microsdxc Card -UHS-I, U1, up to 85MB/Sec (P-SDU128U185EL-GE): Computers & Accessories

Not sure how much benefit that would provide me having 2 TB on my phone. Don't have enough songs, pictures, and music videos to justify that large of a storage capacity.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Just out of curiosity, what is the largest MicroSD card available? I saw a deal for a PNY 128 GB for $34.99.

Amazon.com: PNY Elite 128GB Microsdxc Card -UHS-I, U1, up to 85MB/Sec (P-SDU128U185EL-GE): Computers & Accessories

Not sure how much benefit that would provide me having 2 TB on my phone. Don't have enough songs, pictures, and music videos to justify that large of a storage capacity.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
200gb

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-200GB-Micro-SDSDQUAN-200G-G4A/dp/B00V62XBQQ

There is talk of a 512GB. Nobody sells it.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
IF I was still a Moto person, I would probably go with the Z Force because of the larger battery and shatterproof screen. I think the only advantage the regular Z has is that it is thinner. I got to play with the Z Force prototype last week and I'm amazed at how thin it is. The phone itself is too large for my small hands, so I won't be switching from my S7 when these come out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mcraeh

How does it compare to the Turbo (first edition) in size? I tried one of those out for a while after it came out, and it wouldn't even fit in my cupholder in my car. I really like this phone, I just wish the good ones weren't so freaking huge. My Moto X 2013 is getting to the point where I can't get through a half day on the battery so I was looking for an alternative. But I don't see any that aren't a huge jump in screen size and I'm not sure I could get used to it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
How does it compare to the Turbo (first edition) in size? I tried one of those out for a while after it came out, and it wouldn't even fit in my cupholder in my car. I really like this phone, I just wish the good ones weren't so freaking huge. My Moto X 2013 is getting to the point where I can't get through a half day on the battery so I was looking for an alternative. But I don't see any that aren't a huge jump in screen size and I'm not sure I could get used to it.

It's even larger than the Turbo, thinner but larger.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
The Moto Z is larger but thinner. The Moto Z Force is both larger and thicker.