nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
The battery is brutal. I'm dropping to 80% battery in 10 mins.

Loosing about 2% battery every 5 minutes.

I got juice defender and power saver on.

Any solutions???

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
My god...try reading the other 200k threads on it.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
The battery is brutal. I'm dropping to 80% battery in 10 mins.

Loosing about 2% battery every 5 minutes.

I got juice defender and power saver on.

Any solutions???

First things first, do NOT trust or believe your battery % at all. <waves hand like jedi> you will no longer believe your battery % meter. Now, you may enjoy your phone :).

Yes, when you first get this phone, it drops to 80% in less than an hour, but if you use your phone all day, (at least for me), it will last a good 10+ hours with heavy use. Here is what I saw when I used my phone: 100-80% in less than an hour, 80-50% in 4-5 hours. 50-20% in 3-4 hours. And 2 hours from 20-15%. All depends on how you use your phone but the battery % meter is a joke on this phone. Don't trust it and enjoy your darned phone!

Now that I'm rooted, I can get 24 hours after getting rid of all the <blank>ware that Verizon puts on this phone.

hotelmrrsn

Reaction score
After root and using jrummys overclock mod to under volt/overclock I easily get 36 hours with normal to above average use.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

slinky

Reaction score
After root and using jrummys overclock mod to under volt/overclock I easily get 36 hours with normal to above average use.
I highly doubt you get 36 hours of above average "use." I can get several days of average use too. That's when I am away, get one call for 2 minutes and the phone sits on standby the rest of the time.

Like every phone including the iPhone, which has times stated, the phone will run for a few hours of actual "usage" of features, e.g. continuous audio, continuous video.

My guess is that with this battery the phone does not do so well given the processor speed and especially not if 4G usage is involved. If you've got major drain it means something is running in the background, e.g. a chat app, blockbuster, etc.

SACDROID

Reaction score
Before buying my phone I read all the reviews and the battery issue was number. I liked what I read about the phone so I bought it. And additional batteries and a external battery charger.

So far this is the best smart phone I have ever had and I will not let a little battery issue stand in the way of my pleasure. dancedroid

SACDROID

Reaction score
4.5 hours with little use other than some text and emails and still over 90% usage. Before buying the phone I read post of only getting a day of use and I thought that was pretty good anyway.

OP
nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Unplugged at 10am battery is dead now. Had to plug in. That's 5 hours of light use (mostly idle)

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Casper3686

Reaction score
Buy an extended battery! It has really been worth it. Take the screen off of auto setting too. Don't use any task killers, I learned that one here on the forums :)

Sent from my Thunderbolt

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
What makes you think that you can stop those bg apps with a task killer?

Sent from Tapatalk on Thunderbolt

OP
nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
What makes you think that you can stop those bg apps with a task killer?

Sent from Tapatalk on Thunderbolt

Cause when I kill them they close (though often times reopen in time).

What do you recommend?

I'm looking for help.

1android

Reaction score
just let them run. I to was under the impression that those apps needed to be shut off and killed. from what I have learned from several people here, it is a contradicting application. Your trying to keep apps from constantly running in the background, yet you chose to have this "app killer" always running in the background which sucks on your battery throughout the day. From what I understand, your phone knows which apps to overturn. I unistalled mine last week and have noticed a good difference.