Best Screen Protector for Droid Turbo

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
What is the best screen protector for the Droid Turbo?

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
The flexible glass screen protector from Verizon is what I have. It is very different from any other that I have ever had. You can't tell that a screen protector is on the phone.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I got the standard anti-glare, anti-fingerprint screen protector from VZW. Works great.

You have a free display replacement from VZW. No need to be overly protective.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The flexible glass screen protector from Verizon is what I have. It is very different from any other that I have ever had. You can't tell that a screen protector is on the phone.
I had the same protector and I had two complaints about it. First it is rough along the entire edge perimeter, sharp and susceptible to chipping along the edges (mine did). Second, it's cut too small and doesn't cover either the length or width properly.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Mine hasn't chipped, and I never noticed the roughness until now. I agree that it's not large enough to cover correctly. If it was, it would probably take care of the other issues.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I got the standard anti-glare, anti-fingerprint screen protector from VZW. Works great.

You have a free display replacement from VZW. No need to be overly protective.
This is true. I'm just terribly OCD about even the tiniest scratches on the screen or case. I obsess over them, running my finger nail on them, my eyes are attracted to them. It sucks.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Mine hasn't chipped, and I never noticed the roughness until now. I agree that it's not large enough to cover correctly. If it was, it would probably take care of the other issues.
Sorry, didn't mean to cause you grief. All the other glass screen protectors have smooth edges. Don't know why this one is cut sharp but be careful not to bump it on the edge as it will chip.

holstein

Reaction score
My wife and I went to the Zagg kiosk in the mall and they cut ones there for our Turbos and put them on too. Look fine to us. Our Incipio cases cover the very small gap between the edge of the screen protector and the edge of the glass.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Our Incipio cases cover the very small gap between the edge of the screen protector and the edge of the glass.
That's one benefit to a case. For me, I actually didn't remove the one that came with it yet. I simply wiped off the lettering. Lol.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Here's a shot of the original protector still on the phone over a month and a half.
faf2c5b15394b69cf57d1bb2c98feb05.jpg

By the way, discovered the Turbo has the same three IR LEDs on the three corners as the Nexus 6 does. Interesting.
2696456bbe13530c8ddafc76e1349b40.jpg

These must be used in combination with the proximity sensor or camera or IR detector to see your hand as it approaches the screen or waves over it to know when to light the screen or hush the ringer.

Last edited:

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
I wish I would have thought of that. I didn't realize that the lettering could be removed.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Well it takes some perseverance but it seems to come off easier after using it for a while. I believe the oils from your finger and face help to break it down. Eventually they simply rub off.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Because of the screen having a radiused edge.. I fear that there won't be any really great screen protectors for the turbo. I've been looking and looking.. Nodda... At least as far as glass... Perhaps a military shield.. But i like the clarity and feel of the glass..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Because of the screen having a radiused edge.. I fear that there won't be any really great screen protectors for the turbo. I've been looking and looking.. Nodda... At least as far as glass... Perhaps a military shield.. But i like the clarity and feel of the glass..
I do agree. Another reason there is limited options is because it's a Verizon exclusive though I would expect the Moto Maxx would help that.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model