Best Screen Protector for Droid Turbo

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If you read their reviews though... There are so many complaints about the fit of the protectors.. On one.. A few claim that it doesn't match the camera and other areas.. As far as hole placement..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Both are HD Plastic, not Temepered Glass, so I would not be interested personally. I have used plastic protectors and they do two things, first they DO scratch and eventualy get a "haze" where your fingers spend most of their time, and second, they offer no shatter protection compared to tempered glass. They will allow most of the initial impact to penetrate to the glass surface below and result in the screen cracking. Tempered glass instead will take most of the initial impact and shatter itself, often saving the actual display glass.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Both are HD Plastic, not Temepered Glass, so I would not be interested personally. I have used plastic protectors and they do two things, first they DO scratch and eventualy get a "haze" where your fingers spend most of their time, and second, they offer no shatter protection compared to tempered glass. They will allow most of the initial impact to penetrate to the glass surface below and result in the screen cracking. Tempered glass instead will take most of the initial impact and shatter itself, often saving the actual display glass.

They can be wiped/scrubbed and cleaned for a while. I can easily get 6-12 months out of one (and they come in packs of 3)...2+ months now and it looks like new . OK, they don't protect shatters - you have a FREE replacement. I like the feel as well, and anti-glare/anti-fingerprint works really well.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yes. Problem is that it is edge to edge. Ideally this is great. However, turbo screen is flat until mostly the edge.... Then it drops off gently. Result in that edge to edge glass screen protector does not adhere around the edge.
The verizon one is cut just right.... Problem with that one is that it does not have beveled edges. Hope this helps

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yes. Problem is that it is edge to edge. Ideally this is great. However, turbo screen is flat until mostly the edge.... Then it drops off gently. Result in that edge to edge glass screen protector does not adhere around the edge.
The verizon one is cut just right.... Problem with that one is that it does not have beveled edges. Hope this helps
I agree, mostly. The Verizon one could have been cut a bit larger. It's way too short from top to bottom. I think it could even be slightly wider but as you clearly pointed out since the glass on the turbo slopes off on the edges it does present a problem with rigid screen protectors if they're cut too wide.

The edges of the Verizon "Flexible Glass" protector are unfortunately not only not beveled, they're even a bit sharp. This isn't going to cut your fingers every time you use the phone but that sharp "cut glass" is prone to chipping.

And of course it's not "Tempered Glass" so it's appeal and value is further diminishes IMHO.

Overall, I'd sooner go with one that's cut wider and with beveled edges.

Last edited:

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Agree. I don't mind the very narrow halo, barely noticeable. Had it for about 2 months

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
As I pointed out in another thread some like this one are missing cutouts for the IR emitters at both bottom corners and top right corner.

This one has the cutout for the top right but is missing the two bottom ones.

Amazon.com Premium Mybat Tempered Glass Screen Protector Shield For Motorola Droid Turbo XT1254 Verizon World Acc. Brand Stylus Pen Dust Cap Gift Cell Phones Accessories
a983f8c21a404b07b43c61a239f7f1b2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
DESERPENTOR

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Which one do you use?

furfmonkey

Reaction score
Zagg makes their HDX version (not glass) that does offer shatter protection and its amazing.. edge to edge coverage and i forget its there

HDX-Landing-exploded.png

OP
DESERPENTOR

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Picked this screen protector up two weeks ago feels like nothing is on my phone. I recommend it plus it has a lifetime warranty :)
This one was recommended to me as well. I currently have the Verizon flexible glass protector, (they installed for me) and it's held up well. I have this one on hand for backup

✋ Sent from my Droid Turbo with Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I got the standard anti-glare, anti-fingerprint screen protector from VZW. Works great.

You have a free display replacement from VZW. No need to be overly protective.
Just Remember that if you one of the unlucky Outcasts to Own a Best Buy Blue Droid Turbo they are shown to be excluded from the Droid Turbo Screen Assurance. My Son just Dropped and Cracked his Screen. I am Trying to get it Fixed and then want a Nice Tempered Glass Screen Protector like I have on My Note 5.