Blue Energy themed BB v.1.1

woot505

Reaction score
I doubled checked that too, just to make sure I was using the right one. I am going to wipe clean and start over with a complete install of bb 1.1 and the theme to see if it will work the right way this time and double, triple check how I am doing it. I will post my results. Thanks for all the help!! I still say it probably is something I'm doing but not sure what? I will keep trying till I get it right and take notes in case someone else runs into the same problem I have, or mistake I made?

fmorris825

Reaction score
Here's how I have mine set up so far. Just added a couple things....Thanks roberj.

SkinSample.jpg

What is the center icon of your launcher? Looks nice glad you enjoy it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Its the Death Star....

Ya'rly

I've been searching around to figure out how to change the center icon in LauncherPro. I've tried replacing the the image a couple of times but I can't get it to apply correctly. Can you spare a tip or two for someone just starting out with all of this?

Thanks in advance.

mkraffert

Reaction score
roberj,
Does this work on Pete's new Froyo BB?

Yes. I'm running it with no major issues. The only thing I see is that the notification bar is dark gray and the notification messages are in black text, which makes it a little difficult to run. Other than that, it's GREAT!

chomorro

Reaction score
^^He actually has a froyo specific version in the themes section on the forums. Dont have froyo so cant comment on if it works.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What is the center icon of your launcher? Looks nice glad you enjoy it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Its the Death Star....

Ya'rly

I've been searching around to figure out how to change the center icon in LauncherPro. I've tried replacing the the image a couple of times but I can't get it to apply correctly. Can you spare a tip or two for someone just starting out with all of this?

Thanks in advance.
YGPM

(message too short)

woot505

Reaction score
Ok roberj13, I tried everything I can think of. This is what I have come up with. Everything in BB v1.1 is good, the blue energy theme is good, it's the app pack 1.1 that is the problem. Everything that is supposed to be themed in the app pack is not when it is finished. I think that is why I keep getting install aborted(bad) when I try to install. The theme is there, everything but the app pack, it is not. I checked all the themed items in the app pack and they are not there. I even downloaded some of the items prior to retrying to install, launcher pro, handcent, facebook, etc... to see if they would be themed, no luck, didn't theme them. I tried uninstalling them prior to install, to see if they would install them, themed after instalation, no luck, same outcome. They weren't there and no theme. So I think the problem is the app pack???? Any sugestions roberj13??? I'm will try it and give you back the best feedback I can, remember I am a NOOB!!!!!!........lol

And yes I did check the box for the app pack!! Just in case you were wondering.......lol

chomorro

Reaction score
^^what's happening is your installing the app pack to soon. When you install it the droids auto sync is restoring the market versions. Wait till your phone is fully synced, then install the app pack ;) that's what I had to do

woot505

Reaction score
I'm installing through rom manager, it installs it its self. I don't have any control over when it installs.

woot505

Reaction score
Ok, I tried switching to cm 5071, clean install with rom and tried to install blue energy theme, installed good, booted up, but then flashed off, lost part of the theme that was there when it first booted up????? Don't know what happened??? Looked like everything was going fine with 5071 and theme, then POOF!!! lost part of the theme??? It is always the app pack part that is causing or where the problem lies. I'mm going through rom manager, I have always had good luck using RM, till now, don't know what the issue is, maybe blue being my favorite color I'm being punished for something and can't get this theme to work??......lol I will keep trying till I figure out what the problem is!!!!!!! ( never surrender!!!!)

white_ash143

Reaction score
I don't know if this helps or not... but I love the status bar icons from this theme but the dialer is meh.... what I did is take the contacts.apk file from Luna Theme and adb pushed it after installing blue energy. it works perfectly which makes me wonder about the smoked dialer being broken on vibrate calls.

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Ok, I tried switching to cm 5071, clean install with rom and tried to install blue energy theme, installed good, booted up, but then flashed off, lost part of the theme that was there when it first booted up????? Don't know what happened??? Looked like everything was going fine with 5071 and theme, then POOF!!! lost part of the theme??? It is always the app pack part that is causing or where the problem lies. I'mm going through rom manager, I have always had good luck using RM, till now, don't know what the issue is, maybe blue being my favorite color I'm being punished for something and can't get this theme to work??......lol I will keep trying till I figure out what the problem is!!!!!!! ( never surrender!!!!)

Good lord woot505, you are at least more persistent than I. I'm sorry you are having such problems. When applying the App Packs if any of the apps have been updated since the version that is in the app pack, the market will update and use the newest version during sync.

Unlike Metamorph, these zips have to contain the whole apk and not just the res images, so if it gets updated, theme gone.

So if you are looking back at your phone and all of a sudden, LauncherPro is not themed along with Maps, and others, it's because the market synced and chose the newer version.

I have gone away from the app pack to doing seperate zips for Pandora, LauncherPro, and others because they are easier to keep updated and they will work with any ROM, any theme. I am putting a page up soon that will have just the themed apps in update.zips so you can apply them a la carte.

woot505

Reaction score
YEP!! I am persistant.....NO PATIENTS THOUGH.....LOL!! Thanks for all the replys roberj13, I am still just a NOOB at all this. But give me a MOTO RAZR and LOOKOUT!!! The droid is all new to me, but I love a challange. I love tinkering with the droid, I have only used RM so far except once when I flashed back to stock, just to see if I could do it. Worked like a champ.....the first time too!!!....lol Roberj13 I really like the work you do, please keep it up and DON'T let people like me get to you!!!.....lol

zodder

Reaction score
I normally have ADD when it comes to roms and themes, but I have to say that BB 1.1 + Blue Energy + themed launcher pro is the greatest thing to ever grace my Droid. Much props, dude. Your theme is absolutely awesome and the whole setup is smoking fast! It's going to be part of my Droid for a long time. :icon_ banana: