*~*~*~*Cakes' Closet*~*~*~* Come on in girls!

bullswife98

Reaction score
LadyAngler:
Bettyboop is awsome! Would love to have her. That would be awsome if you could port her over to me. A huge fan of old school stuff ya know. Lol....

Thanks for doing that for me.. Drinks on me soon. $$

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Looney Tunes has been added to Post #3 :D Hope you like it :D (Yes i know tweety is part of looney tunes but he deserved his own)

SassyOne

Reaction score
And hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee’s Betty Boop (the lil wench lol) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! enjoy!

Please keep in mind this is not a full theme and will only have subtle changes throughout your droid.

I have “Boopyfied” Framework, contacts, phone, gallery and LauncherPro. For those of you who don’t use LauncherPro I have included some extra icons for use with whatever home or icon changer you use. Wallpapers included as well.

Please note that it’s really hard to find high quality wallpapers of Betty Boop so if you come across any that look great, I’d appreciate it if you shared. Thanks and I hope you enjoy rummaging through my closet! :D

Instructions for SPRecovery:

Download ZIP
rename ZIP, "update.zip"
Place in root of SDCard
Reboot into Recovery
Choose Install
Choose allow update.zip
Install update.zip
Reboot
Pray! LOL

Do you know the instructions for CW Recovery? I have been trying to add the Betty Boop update but its not working? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

ranger135

Reaction score
I'm having trouble installing betty boop from clockwork as well. I tried wiping data, install ud 2.5, reboot, install rockin' rainbows, reboot, install betty boop accessory. I also tried renaming the zip to update.zip and applying it that way (still from clockwork though).

The only thing that I noticed after installing betty boop is that the contacts apk no longer works and the phone icon on the dock was replaced with a contacts icon. When clicking on a contacts icon it says "application not installed". Everything else looked the same. Hopefully that will help you figure out the problem.

Last edited:
OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm having trouble installing betty boop from clockwork as well. I tried wiping data, install ud 2.5, reboot, install rockin' rainbows, reboot, install betty boop accessory. I also tried renaming the zip to update.zip and applying it that way (still from clockwork though).

The only thing that I noticed after installing betty boop is that the contacts apk no longer works and the phone icon on the dock was replaced with a contacts icon. When clicking on a contacts icon it says "application not installed". Everything else looked the same. Hopefully that will help you figure out the problem.

If your contacts and phone don't work I guess it's not compatible with Clockwork. Mine works great. I'm sorry you guys, I don't use clockwork so I can't help you with that :(

ranger135

Reaction score

If your contacts and phone don't work I guess it's not compatible with Clockwork. Mine works great. I'm sorry you guys, I don't use clockwork so I can't help you with that :(

I just flashed sprecovery using ROM manager but I'm still getting the same results..:unsure:.

I cleared the data and redid everything from UD 2.5 through betty boop with the sprecovery update.zip method. Maybe the zip file didn't upload correctly? I also redownloaded it with the same results.

Last edited:
OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK I'm sorry I'll upload it again when I get home

ranger135

Reaction score
No problem, I was just trying to troubleshoot and make sure that I was installing it right. Thanks, hopefully that will get it working. My girlfriend wants to use Betty until hello kitty is released.

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok well I reflashed it and it's working fine for me. LadyAngler flashed it too and it worked fine for her. I uploaded again though. :D Give that a try? If it still doesn't work I'm blaming Rom Manager. That thing doesn't like me and I don't like it. Good luck.

ranger135

Reaction score
Still no luck, thanks for trying though. I may just wait for Hello Kitty and hope that plays nicer with her phone..I could try to flash sprecovery w/o rom manager if you think it will make a difference. Are you using sprecovery 0.99.3.b?

edit: I got it working. There just wasn't enough space in /system..I wish the recovery program could give an error message when something like this happens! I deleted a few ringtones and system apps and flashed with clockwork. Looks good! Can't wait for hello kitty

Last edited:

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yes. Ranger that's what we use. Try that please. I'm almost done with Kitty. But I need to quit for the day. Hopefully Cakes or I get kitty on here tomorrow.:)

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Glad you got it working! I hope sassy can!

ranger135

Reaction score
She probably has a different problem if she's trying to install it on a Droid X running Liberty..but you never know!

I thought I'd add that I just tried out the new launcherpro and the transitions are pretty cool..Idk how much work it is to change which launcher is included but I thought I'd throw it out there. I tried to put your icons on the new lp but they looked squashed and small for some reason.

Last edited:
OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
She probably has a different problem if she's trying to install it on a Droid X running Liberty..but you never know!

I thought I'd add that I just tried out the new launcherpro and the transitions are pretty cool..Idk how much work it is to change which launcher is included but I thought I'd throw it out there. I tried to put your icons on the new lp but they looked squashed and small for some reason.

Oh damn! There's a new LP? Guess i'll get back to work.....

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cakes you've been busy - it all looks sweet :)