Changing Droid Pro from AT&T to Verizon

doug1624

Reaction score
My original Droid Pro recently started acting up, such as not charging the battery any more. I tried a few different things, finally deciding on replacing the phone with a new one from eBay. The phone shipped in, I swapped my Verizon sim and memory card over, but the phone won't find the Verizon network. When I do a network scan, it only finds AT&T and T-mobile.

Instead of sending it back, I'd like to get it working. I'm familiar with the SBF process and was wondering if it's as simple as using a Verizon flash instead of the one it came with. However, after some on-line reading, it looks like the radio in the phone may have to be unlocked to work on Verizon?

No matter what I've done, I have never seen the phone ask me for an unlock code, so there would be no place to enter one...

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks for reading!

Hey all,

After a little more research, it seems you can't make the AT&T phone work on Verizon. AT&T is considered GSM and Verizon is considered CDMA. It's all a little funny seeing how my Verizon phone has a Global AND GSM modes listed under the network modes.

The seller is doing a swap with me, so all is good... just beware when purchasing an unlocked replacement phone!

Still love the Pro!
Doug

Back