[TOOLS] Droid RAZR Utility 1.8

Oreo_Collas

Reaction score
I uninstalles the wifi app and installes FoxFi and it works great.
I also installed and ran root checker and it passed
I installed and ran a console emulater and tuped "su" and it passed.
It seems my phone is now rooted. Thanks for all your help. ^^

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks for the update. Glad it finally worked for you. Very cool!

mtolbert

Reaction score
215 leak install issue

I keep getting an error 7 when trying to install the 215 leak. I am on 211.. Used voodoo to temp unroll..booted into,stock recovery and found the update file (blur 211) and install gets aborted. I even defrosted all the apps with tiny...what am I missing?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I think your safest bet, rather than using voodoo, return to stock using option #1 in Mattlgroff's 1.82 utility. Follow these instructions:
Going back to stock .211:
*On your pc, download and install Matt's Razr Utility 1.8 or 1.81 or 1.82. You can find 1.82 here:
Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr And Droid Razr Maxx Only - DroidRzr.com
*Extract that utility to its own folder on your computer...you must extract the file on your pc. It will not work from your phone.
*After the utility is extracted, go to the Motorola drivers folder in the utility and make sure you have the latest Motorola drivers installed on your pc.
*If you are able, make sure your phone is set to usb debugging mode (menu>system setting>developer options).
*Power your phone off. Then power your phone on while holding down your power, the volume up and volume down buttons simultaneously.
*Connect your phone to your computer with the factory supplied usb cable.
*On your phone select AP Fastboot, then in the utility select option 1..."restore phone to stock .211. Do not unplug the usb cable until the utility finishes.
*When competed your phone should reboot to stock .211.
*After running option 1, restart phone to make sure all is fine.

Install the .215 leak:
*check to make sure usb debugging mode is checked (menu-> system setting-> developer options).
*Then in settings, go to “Security" and check “Unknown sources."
*install the .215 leak following instructions here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/217843-mattyps-215-leak-classroom.html

Root your of Razr or Razr Maxx:
*Simple step by step instructions for rooting using Mattlgroff's utility (use the same utility that you used to go back to stock) can be found on post #89 here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/216562-droid-razr-utility-1-8-a-9.html
*If you plan on installing roms, install safestrap instead of bootstrap.

Safestrap:
*Once safestrap is installed, follow the steps in quidot's thread to prepare safestrap's safe and non-safe side so you are ready for those roms... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/200942-safestrap-guide-razr.html

tjarvis

Reaction score
need some help...got a free razr (no sim card as i use a rezound and it won't fit) with busted camera to play with. it was on stock unrooted gb, took ota to another version of gb, took another ota to ics...it never fully booted and stayed on the "android system is optimizing" screen for 30 mins. i looked around and used matt's 1.7 unstuck option...all is well with the utility, no fails. when all is said and done it tries to boot and gets past the dual core part and hangs on the droid screen indefinitely as far as i can tell. went the same route with 1.82 with option 1...same results. i cleared cache and did factory resets and all sorts of combos of those. i'm not an android noob nor an idiot, but i am a noob with the razr...wtf am i missing? i've been toying with this stupid phone for 9 hrs now and i'm getting frustrated lol

Last edited:

adtrx2012

Reaction score
I'm currently rooted stock 4.0.4 ics with bootstrap. What would be the best way to remove bootstrap and install safestrap? Wanna put a custom rom that requires safe strap. Thanks for the help

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I'm currently rooted stock 4.0.4 ics with bootstrap. What would be the best way to remove bootstrap and install safestrap? Wanna put a custom rom that requires safe strap. Thanks for the help

Fastboot back to stock .211, that will remove bootstrap and put it back to stock recovery. Then you can install Safestrap.

adtrx2012

Reaction score
Fastboot back to stock .211, that will remove bootstrap and put it back to stock recovery. Then you can install Safestrap.

hey thanks for the reply i have a few questions if you don't mind. I have been out of the loop for a while, i used to be readinthis forum everyday when i had my droid 1. My questions are ;

1. What is your personal favorite when it comes to roms? I dont know any of the developers now, back in the day i would run liquid roms and a few others.
2. Any way to overclock or underclock? i prefer underclock, i was able to on gb but i know the boot loader is locked on this ics and im not sure if anyone has found a way or not.

thanks to anyone who helps fill me in, like i said i have been out of the loop and am trying to get back in

echoesxi

Reaction score
Hey... call me what you will but I soft bricked my phone and have a factory cable on order. I was wondering could I use this utility to load the fastboot files? I did update OTA to ICS if that means anything. I simply was dumb and went to manually unroot and forgot a period.... any help is greatly appreciated