FoxFi question

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi, how come FoxFi does not work with the Rezound, it works just fine with my Samsung S3. Has anyone here been able to make it work with their Rezound and what steps did you take, thanks.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use it via Bluetooth. Speeds are fine and I don't get the battery heat and drain of using hotspot. Pdanet tablet on my tablets.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From my Beano

acejavelin

Reaction score
Hi, how come FoxFi does not work with the Rezound, it works just fine with my Samsung S3. Has anyone here been able to make it work with their Rezound and what steps did you take, thanks.
Why? There was some discussion on this a few weeks ago, there is a hidden service (might not be the correct technical term) that is running in the Rezound that completely blocks any use of "hotspot" features that do not use the embedded application (that is billable) without root access to the device. It is thought this is more of a Verizon thing than a HTC thing, but it is tied in to Sense pretty tightly and no one has been able to find away around it in the Rezound.

Although it might change, I doubt it, so your options are pay for the tether, or root and use Wireless Tether.

There are working Bluetooth and USB options available though, just not free WiFi tethering

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
There is something with older HTC phones that prevents Foxfi (wifi) from working because it says it only works with the newer HTC phones. I tried Foxfi (bluetooth) and it connected but the phone gave me the VZ warning about paying for hot spot usage. Foxfi does have a "hide tether" feature but it only works with wifi not with bt. So I now use pdanet. It's usb not wifi tether but it works great and it has a "hide tether" option which I use. It also has bt tether but I haven't tried that yet. I used it for hours at a time this past weekend and it never dropped out once.

Snoking

Reaction score
Yonahdad said:
It works w/ICS...

Explain please. Rooted or Bluetooth? WiFi does not work for those that are not rooted.

Yonahdad

Reaction score
I am not a tech guy, so I really didn't do anything special. It didn't work when I had Gingerbread; but once I got ICS I clicked on 'Activate Wifi Hotspot' so now I am able to use my tablet w/o any issues. I am not being vague, I just didn't do anything extra for it to work. Have yall tried deleting & adding the app back?

Snoking

Reaction score
Mobile Hot Spot is a VZW PAID service! Could you show us a screen shot of what you are turning on please! Power button plus home button does a screen shot.

acejavelin

Reaction score
I am not a tech guy, so I really didn't do anything special. It didn't work when I had Gingerbread; but once I got ICS I clicked on 'Activate Wifi Hotspot' so now I am able to use my tablet w/o any issues. I am not being vague, I just didn't do anything extra for it to work. Have yall tried deleting & adding the app back?
So you are using the "Mobile Hotspot" app? I assumed from the discussion thread you were using the FoxFi app, that is why the big question.

It is a well known fact that the embedded "Mobile Hotspot" app works well, but after your free trial period (7 or 30 days, can't remember, not sure they still do that though) you will be charged an additional $20-$30/month automatically for using it.

HowardZ

Reaction score

I uninstalled and reinstalled foxfi, gave it a password, and started it.

Can't load any Web pages using XP laptop

HowardZ

Reaction score
So you are using the "Mobile Hotspot" app? I assumed from the discussion thread you were using the FoxFi app, that is why the big question.

It is a well known fact that the embedded "Mobile Hotspot" app works well, but after your free trial period (7 or 30 days, can't remember, not sure they still do that though) you will be charged an additional $20-$30/month automatically for using it.

Verizon Hotspot might be free to use if one is on Verizon's new data share family plans.

acejavelin

Reaction score
I uninstalled and reinstalled foxfi, gave it a password, and started it.

Can't load any Web pages using XP laptop
Yup, same problem everyone has with the Rezound and FoxFi, and the app hasn't been updated since mid-June... I check it about once a week but kinda gave up on it until an update drops.