Gonna build cyanogenmod 7 for the pro

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
the builds are made from modified droid x cyanogenmod source. the droid 2 and droid 2 global use the droid x source too, just modified for their devices

as for coming from the old build's kernel, that will be iffy because we will have to jump two kernel versions, so there might have to be an additional .zip to update you guys to 3.8.7, then you guys can install the GB kernel and the second zip that comes with the GB kernel

andy'sfriend

Reaction score
Wait, so if we have 902 installed and running (which I do and I must say it is running awesome), will we be able to use this new build? If so, how? And finally, where can the .zips be found?

Thanks again for all your effort Jackpot. The battery life alone (to say nothing of the super smooth interface) has made my DPro finally the phone I wanted it to be.

chaihg

Reaction score
Will we have it today Calvin? Can't wait for the new build with all the solved connectivity Issues.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

r3j2

Reaction score
Sorry to be thickheaded, but how risky is risky? As in, brick my phone risky, or just mess stuff up and have to sbf anyway risky? If there is some chance of success, I would be willing to try it. It would be great to get the updates by jumping from one version of cm to another, instead of having to go back to stock and then to cm.

gurase

Reaction score
Will this build fix the on screen keyboard so it doesn't come up in portrait mode? Honestly that annoys me more than the wifi issues.

chaihg

Reaction score
Will this build fix the on screen keyboard so it doesn't come up in portrait mode? Honestly that annoys me more than the wifi issues.

I am not on CM7 but know what the problem is. I used it before. Try uninstalling the keyboard apk or just rename it to something like .bak file and see it should solve.

gurase

Reaction score
I am not on CM7 but know what the problem is. I used it before. Try uninstalling the keyboard apk or just rename it to something like .bak file and see it should solve.

While this (renaming LatinIME.apk) worked for the browser, search, etc...I can't type anything for text messages. It keeps telling me to open the keyboard which isn't possible.

dutchbastard

Reaction score
While this (renaming LatinIME.apk) worked for the browser, search, etc...I can't type anything for text messages. It keeps telling me to open the keyboard which isn't possible.
You're right, it is a problem that only has a workaround, not a fix.
I myself froze the keyboard using titanium.
To make sure text messaging works I use GoSMS (Handcent works as well). With those you have the ability to bring up a bigger text editor (in Go SMS it's a button left next to the default text area, in Handcent it's a button on the bottom)
While it's not a fix, it will work quite nicely. And in both apps the incoming messages come in a popup window, in those popups you can simply type in the text area without a problem.

nutpn

Reaction score
whats up jackpot,would you be or know someone who would be interested in jumping on the droid 3 and see what you could do with cyanogen mod,thanks,and by the way i been running this droid pro cyanogen mod 7- 9.02 since you released it ,i debloated some more and its actually faster loading at times than the bionic tthat i got,,,,now i been reading up on the droid 3,,,,i have one of those coming this week and gonna use it some too,thanks again for the dro-pro-cm7

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
For some stupid reason those little letters won't go away even when I tell it to be 0 pixels. I have no clue what's causing it to be honest

As for the droid 3, I'm due for a new phone next month so I think my next phone will be the nexus prime but I'm sure somebody that has the phone will begin to port cm7 over to the d3

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
What's the process for submitting this to be an officially supported phone with the CM devs? I'm sure you'll want to play with your new phone once you get it, so I'd hate for this project to just die out.

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
i'll submit it to cyanogenmod for officials within the next week or so

google123

Reaction score
Sorry, did I miss something? Clavin what little letters are you talking about? LOL

aymanfoa

Reaction score
when i installed newest 9-02 update the phone gets stuck in bootloop whats up with that

dettofatto

Reaction score
Wipe data and cache in clockworkmod recovery...
If you can't access, try plugging and unplugging charge adaptor, or pressing r+m and power button...

sent from my Motosola!