Gonna build cyanogenmod 7 for the pro

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Did you upgrade to gingerbread first then wipe system data and cache or did you come from froyo?

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

r3j2

Reaction score
Hey Jackpot, where can I find the most recent build and that 2 part kernel upgrade? I checked the blog, but the last post is from 8/24. Probably going to take the plunge this weekend.

gurase

Reaction score
You're right, it is a problem that only has a workaround, not a fix.
I myself froze the keyboard using titanium.
To make sure text messaging works I use GoSMS (Handcent works as well). With those you have the ability to bring up a bigger text editor (in Go SMS it's a button left next to the default text area, in Handcent it's a button on the bottom)
While it's not a fix, it will work quite nicely. And in both apps the incoming messages come in a popup window, in those popups you can simply type in the text area without a problem.

If anyone is interested in a real fix for getting rid of the on screen keyboard in the 902 build, I installed LatinIME.apk from the 828 build in /system/app and that seems to have fixed it perfectly.

dutchbastard

Reaction score
A real fix or getting rid of the message?
Meaning wwill the messaging app work with the apk you suggest?

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I seem to have been mistaken. When in portrait, a virtual keyboard shows if you press in a text field?

gurase

Reaction score
The virtual keyboard was showing in portrait mode for any text field EXCEPT messaging. With the 828 keyboard apk the messaging app and all other text fields work with no virtual keyboard popping up.

gurase

Reaction score
Gurase, how would one go about obtaining that apk?

I pulled it from the 828 build in /system/app. I would attach it but I can't figure out how to from the mobile app. Also this morning when i went to check out the messaging app, I had the "open keyboard" issue again (didn't reboot my phone or anything from last night when it worked). So I pulled Mms.apk from 828 build as well and that seems to work but with the weird white jarbled stuff in the bottom 1 pixel of the screen that people complained about in the last build. I could be going about this all wrong but hopefully I'm on to something...

gurase

Reaction score
Sorry, by "pull it from the 825 build" I mean open the zip for 825 and find the apk(s) in the /system/app folder.

I said 828 before but I guess it was 825...clearly 7:30 on a Saturday is too early to be messing with this :p

Last edited:

dutchbastard

Reaction score
Lol thanks ill try it out later on wwhen I'm home

baltfest

Reaction score
So, I'm on the 902 version (which is AWESOME by the way). Am curious if there have been any subsequent updates? I keep checking the forum here, but it seems like that's the latest and greatest. If I'm wrong, can someone point me to where I can find any updates? Love to see what new fixes and/or features may be awaiting my (now spectacular) phone!!!

Thanks,
Brad

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Sorry development has been a little slow, there was a change to the cyanogenmod source that rendered our cameras useless (wouldn't connect) (droid x, droid 2, global had this problem as well) but that has been taken care of, I haven't had any connection problems between switching from 3G to wifi and back and forth in the last day, so I think I think I've found a fix for that (you have to ensure your phone doesn't turn on with the wifi on so make sure you turn the wifi off before powering off or restarting) and I will fix that stupid portrait virtual keyboard issue that I failed to fix before the last build. There haven't been many things you've missed in the last month or so (a new lock screen has been implemented and source code optimization). The battery life for the newer builds has been an hour or shorter than the build you guys are running (can't find out why, haven't really looked, but is still really annoying) but other than that, there should be a new build posted tomorrow morning and I will post my speedy 3.8.7 to Gingerbread kernel .zip file so you don't have to do the fully install to gingerbread, then wipe.

I will also need a test dummy for going from 2.26.60 (the old froyo base for cyanogenmod 7) to 3.8.7 and then from 3.8.7 to Gingerbread. It will be four .zip files that you will need to flash, they're only like 5 megabytes each so all for should take a combined 2-3 minutes in clockwork. Please PM me if you'd like to be my guinea pig, have a full battery and be willing to SBF if something goes wrong (you won't brick your phone, you will just need to SBF)

Last edited:

nuke3ae

Reaction score
Sorry development has been a little slow, there was a change to the cyanogenmod source that rendered our cameras useless (wouldn't connect) (droid x, droid 2, global had this problem as well) but that has been taken care of, I haven't had any connection problems between switching from 3G to wifi and back and forth in the last day, so I think I think I've found a fix for that (you have to ensure your phone doesn't turn on with the wifi on so make sure you turn the wifi off before powering off or restarting) and I will fix that stupid portrait virtual keyboard issue that I failed to fix before the last build. There haven't been many things you've missed in the last month or so (a new lock screen has been implemented and source code optimization). The battery life for the newer builds has been an hour or shorter than the build you guys are running (can't find out why, haven't really looked, but is still really annoying) but other than that, there should be a new build posted tomorrow morning and I will post my speedy 3.8.7 to Gingerbread kernel .zip file so you don't have to do the fully install to gingerbread, then wipe.

I will also need a test dummy for going from 2.26.60 (the old froyo base for cyanogenmod 7) to 3.8.7 and then from 3.8.7 to Gingerbread. It will be four .zip files that you will need to flash, they're only like 5 megabytes each so all for should take a combined 2-3 minutes in clockwork. Please PM me if you'd like to be my guinea pig, have a full battery and be willing to SBF if something goes wrong (you won't brick your phone, you will just need to SBF)

Really appreciate the builds you have been putting out.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk