JellyBean for the LG Spectrum 2!

micrors4

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is really doing much work to try it, at least as far as I know. Unless we can get a developer on board it's a lost cause.

JimiMack

Reaction score
A question, being we have the CAB file for Jelly Bean. Does anyone know the best method of wiping the phone completely and then installing the JB CAB file. I would like to make sure all hints of ICS is gone and it is just a pure JB install.

mordant80

Reaction score
A question, being we have the CAB file for Jelly Bean. Does anyone know the best method of wiping the phone completely and then installing the JB CAB file. I would like to make sure all hints of ICS is gone and it is just a pure JB install.

A factory reset right before the cab install will do the trick. Cab for system data and factory reset for the user stuff

mordant80

Reaction score
Its the same result. Do it from cwm if you like. You can format partitions if it makes you feel better

Reaction score
Two things. Does anyone know of a recovery button combo?
And has anyone tried a uot kitchen mod now or on ics?

Reaction score
OK. You hit home button when device is booting and the buttons flash. Found it out.

Reaction score
One other thing. Will a data wipe /factory reset in recovery flash the entire internal memory? I had an issue with using the recovery on ics.

Edit: it won't erase internal memory, but apparently if you do it restart, and do it again the phone is rendered useless. Wish I had a working pc.....

Last edited:

micrors4

Reaction score
That's a bit odd, I think you mean holding the power button and volume key while booting to get into the factory reset, but I have done the same thing and the phone was fine.

Reaction score
I've done that before. I'm talking about in recovery though. Wipe data factory reset. Something went wrong. Then I did the button combo way and still bad. Something must've been corrupted. Luckily when I finally got to my friends laptop that already had my phone installed I was able to fix it. Of course I couldn't do the input cab way even though I already had the cab downloaded and still had to let the LG tool download it again anyway and flash it on it's on...Thank God they have fast internet and I had back up of all my internals.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Droid Forums

Reaction score
I'm gonna try a kitchen mod soon and report back.

Reaction score
Next idea. Can't you technically still put roms on a phone with locked bootloaders? I thought phones like the Razr had locked bootloaders, but they used separate partitions. Even allowed multiple roms. When I did this for my friend I could've sworn that was the idea.

Viper89

Reaction score
Been gone for a bit, I'm glad to hear we have JB now! I haven't rooted my phone due to the only thing I wanted to change was the UI and thank you Next Launcher 3D :). I'm going to try it tomorrow OTA. Going to Factory Reset first and then go from there, hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Reaction score
Been gone for a bit, I'm glad to hear we have JB now! I haven't rooted my phone due to the only thing I wanted to change was the UI and thank you Next Launcher 3D :). I'm going to try it tomorrow OTA. Going to Factory Reset first and then go from there, hopefully everything goes smoothly.

It's definitely an improvement

Viper89

Reaction score
Update went great, no problems with previous apps at all! The battery seems the same. I definitely can tell a difference in speed much faster then on ICS!