Latest Update

xjcamaro89

Reaction score
Stingray, so you got it with the change to USB debugging? Thats the only thing i had to do was make sure it was checked. aroot picked everything up and rooted and unrooted easily, but i do miss being able to root and unroot without being connected to the computer, like z4.

Oh and as far as battery life, i to take my phone off the charger around 6:30 am and use it all day, several calls, texts, web, and email. Although im not a heavy user, i do what i need to do during the day. And around 4 pm i have 70-80% battery, and then when i plug it in at night aroun 9-10pm im probably around 50-70% depending on the amount of games i play at night.

So i think it does pretty good for what i use it for. Im still waiting though for one of those days at work where im on my cell phone almost all day, then we will see how it goes.

Last edited:

StingRay

Reaction score
Was finally able to get it to root with aroot....even after getting it to root initially, I could not get Droid 2 Bootstrap to work, or any other app that needed superuser...

I ended up using aroot to unroot, then tried several more times and finally got a "true" root....Bootstrap works and other "rooted only" apps like ROM Manager, SetCPU, etc., so all is good now...

I don't like having to go through the computer...miss the one-click root, guess my wife's right when she says I'm getting fat and lazy...oh well....

Update seems to be working very well for me....haven't experienced some of the over heating and battery problems others have...exchange is working much better as well....

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Well after I formatted my sdcard, .sbf then a factory reset, oh and also creating a new gmail account my phone is finally working with the new update but still not rooted and I lost all my paid apps. This has been a nightmare. I wonder what happened to my phone that no one else experienced this???

You won't get your paid apps back with a different gmail account. Purchases are tied to your google account.

boomerang

Reaction score
Well after I formatted my sdcard, .sbf then a factory reset, oh and also creating a new gmail account my phone is finally working with the new update but still not rooted and I lost all my paid apps. This has been a nightmare. I wonder what happened to my phone that no one else experienced this???

You won't get your paid apps back with a different gmail account. Purchases are tied to your google account.

I emailed the developers and they refunded my money.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

bjwheeler

Reaction score
several days w/ new update. Unrooted. Since yesterday, Android OS sucking more battery than anything else...moved from near bottom of the 'draw' list to top. Phone running warm (between 75-78 per monitor), but not blistering hot. Battery life nowhere near what it should be...getting 12-15 hrs-ish with 3400mAhz extended battery on moderate to low use (in-pocket w/ an hour or two of web/ Words w Friends use) ...which should be 24 hrs + and eventually much longer. Seeing new / different synch patterns w/ very laggy performance at random intervals. Frustrated!

Some users are reporting improved battery life, but I'm not seeing it. Just like the user above, my battery life seems to be worse since the update. I too have the extended battery, and with light usage, I'm just getting about 16-18 hours on the maximum battery saver profile. I used to get 30-40 hours with light usage (and over 18 hours with pretty moderate usage, including hours on games). I haven't noticed my battery running hot though.

The graphics are smoother and performance seems improved.

Also, I noticed that if I select an app from the app menu, then click Back, I return to the app menu. Before the update, I would be sent back to the Home screen. This is a real minor change, but I like it.

EDIT: Update: I just realized that the update switched my network mode from CDMA to Global. I have just switched back to CDMA so I'm expecting to see some improvement because of that.

Last edited:

rza49311

Reaction score
I'm not sure if its related but since this update, my wife's pro is using ALOT more data and she isn't doing anything different. I'm seeing 3-10MB sessions on the data breakdown report. She doesn't use youtube or surf the web nor does she upload pics. She just checks her email and checks facebook. She will txt a pic every now and then. She usually comes no where near using 150MB and this month she went over by 16MB. Anyone else having data usage issues?

rocket_girl

Reaction score
I have unlimited, so I don't track it, but I did see the Android OS jump to top of the battery use list during the 24 hrs after update. This is normally 2-3% of battery draw...hung out at nearly 50% during that time. Seems to be back to normal now, but ate the battery alive for a while there. Perhaps it was update-related???

rza49311

Reaction score
Just found the app trafficstats lite. Hopefully it'll shed some light in a day or two.

kgumbiner

Reaction score
My extended battery is much worse
The biggest problem is that numerous contacts now pop up on phone calls or texts with someone else's name. I tried "unlinking" my wife with this other person (a male) and it worked until I re-booted.
any ideas/settings I need to adjust?

Ride

Reaction score
Thx to bjwheeler, disabling global and going with cdma only worked. I now have better batt performance post update

xjcamaro89

Reaction score
I turned my phone off global mode as well, i have to say ive seen a little better battery life.

bjwheeler

Reaction score
Thx to bjwheeler, disabling global and going with cdma only worked. I now have better batt performance post update

Glad I could help!

rza49311

Reaction score
I'm not sure if its related but since this update, my wife's pro is using ALOT more data and she isn't doing anything different. I'm seeing 3-10MB sessions on the data breakdown report. She doesn't use youtube or surf the web nor does she upload pics. She just checks her email and checks facebook. She will txt a pic every now and then. She usually comes no where near using 150MB and this month she went over by 16MB. Anyone else having data usage issues?

I think I may have found the offender. After checking trafficstats lite, the program MediaSync was the highest ranking usage app at 16MB after one day. I had this app in the auto end list of the task manager since she got the phone but the app was still running. I killed it and haven't seen any where near the amount of usage she was showing prior. Also, I could tell something was definitely wrong when I saw two entries, a 5MB and 10MB session at 2am and 4am. Like I said though, usage has been normal since I killed the app. I'll keep monitoring it.

rocket_girl

Reaction score

I think I may have found the offender. After checking trafficstats lite, the program MediaSync was the highest ranking usage app at 16MB after one day. I had this app in the auto end list of the task manager since she got the phone but the app was still running. I killed it and haven't seen any where near the amount of usage she was showing prior. Also, I could tell something was definitely wrong when I saw two entries, a 5MB and 10MB session at 2am and 4am. Like I said though, usage has been normal since I killed the app. I'll keep monitoring it.

That makes sense: I have seen synch symbol in status bar repeatedly since update; very seldom before. Will add it to task end list and see what happens. Thanks!!

kgumbiner

Reaction score
OTA update

i got the update and it pretty much messed up the contacts and battery. I spoke with Motorola and Verizon and eventually did a hard restart. Verizon said you should do that anyway.

Bottom line: it worked!