Latest Update

rza49311

Reaction score
i got the update and it pretty much messed up the contacts and battery. I spoke with Motorola and Verizon and eventually did a hard restart. Verizon said you should do that anyway.

Bottom line: it worked!

Wipe everything every time there's a system update? Ridiculous.

rza49311

Reaction score
I'm not sure if its related but since this update, my wife's pro is using ALOT more data and she isn't doing anything different. I'm seeing 3-10MB sessions on the data breakdown report. She doesn't use youtube or surf the web nor does she upload pics. She just checks her email and checks facebook. She will txt a pic every now and then. She usually comes no where near using 150MB and this month she went over by 16MB. Anyone else having data usage issues?

I think I may have found the offender. After checking trafficstats lite, the program MediaSync was the highest ranking usage app at 16MB after one day. I had this app in the auto end list of the task manager since she got the phone but the app was still running. I killed it and haven't seen any where near the amount of usage she was showing prior. Also, I could tell something was definitely wrong when I saw two entries, a 5MB and 10MB session at 2am and 4am. Like I said though, usage has been normal since I killed the app. I'll keep monitoring it.

Update: Phone is still using data randomly. Several nights between 2am-5am its used anywhere from 2MB to 10MB. I'm relunctant to do it but I think I'm going to do a factory reset :icon_evil:

On a positive note, the phone hasn't randomly rebooted itself since the update.

rocket_girl

Reaction score
The new update has made me not hate my phone.

That's a good sign.

Agree!!

New update plus SBF has resulted in crisper performance and better battery life. Also deleted a few apps that I've learned (here) caused some of my problems. Still carry a second battery on long days, but no longer carry it daily.

So far, so much better...

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

boomerang

Reaction score
I wish I was having your luck. My phone randomly reboots and the battery drain is worse. I've completely erased everything on phone and sd card with no change. So frustrating!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I wish I was having your luck. My phone randomly reboots and the battery drain is worse. I've completely erased everything on phone and sd card with no change. So frustrating!

Have you done a SBF flash? That always seems to solve almost all problems.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Have you done a SBF flash? That always seems to solve almost all problems.

I have about 4 times. Finally I gave up and have been dealing with the glitches. I don't know what's going on.

Have you tried deleting apps to see if one of them is causing the issue? I would assume that have you have if you went the SBF route 4 times.

If you're convinced that it's not an app you installed, if you've done a SBF flash and cleared the cache along with it, and things are still problematic, then it sounds to me like it would be hardware related. A SBF flash and clearing the cache will get you to as clean of a point as the phone can essentially be on the software side of things.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah I was reluctant to do this update when I saw some people having issues with it, but I sbf'd back to stock and did the two upgrades. It has been great for me I have not rerooted yet and still have all the factory apps except NFS. Battery life has definitely improved I am 10 hours in and only down to 90 % left, seems weird you would get worse from going to it if you sbf'd and restored to factory. Might be time to pay a visit to a Verizon store and see what they say about getting you a new one.

XNAVYGAL

Reaction score
I haven't gotten the newest update yet.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums