Looking for ROM Developers to support Droid 3

Raptor007

Reaction score
I thought I would put a comment out to see who in the developer community is planning on getting a D3? I know everyone wants 4G LTE, but even my market isn't getting it until EOY and by CES we will see the REAL 4G LTE phones come out for Spring/Summer 2012 release.

So I am leaning very heavily towards the D3, but I have no developer experience and WILL DONATE to a developer who will. I donated time and again for the Droid Charge Devs and I will continue to support devs anyway I can.

So if you are a Developer and you are going to get the D3 but need donations to get you there now is the time to speak up and let the community know.

rickerbilly

Reaction score
I am ordering this phone on the 7th of July. I would also donate to a developer who worked on this device.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

lunacie

Reaction score
Count me in. Ordering on the 7th, ready to donate to any devs bold enough to take the challenge.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well it depends on the bootloader too. Hopefully its not encrypted.

Sent from my fascinate

Big D

Reaction score
What are the chances that the bootloader WON'T be locked"?

I'm thinking that is a done deal.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
What are the chances that the bootloader WON'T be locked"?

I'm thinking that is a done deal.

Well it might be locked on launch but there's a good chance it'll get the unlockable bootloader in an update. In the end it's up to VZW but we can certainly hope it get the unlockable bootloader ASAP.

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
More than likely [90%] Droid Concepts my team will be developing for this device, and if i do get this device it will be on the 7th and will have something ready by the following week.

OP
Raptor007

Raptor007

Reaction score
That is good news. I do hope you develop for it, and I am willing to donate to developers who do.

mattbooty

Reaction score
I'm a long time D1 user who just ordered a D3 and love playing around with new ROMs, really looking forward to this, and I too will donate whatever I can to dev's.

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Well I ordered my D3 today and got overnight shipping, so as soon as that arrives tomorrow I will start on an initial ROM with the basics + plus root, nothing fancy but at least get something out so that you guys can see that I am working on it. Depending on when Fed-Ex shows up we'll see how early I can get something up. I thought D-fill on the 7th meant I can get it in store the 7th, but I was told you can't get it in store till the 14th, but you can order it starting today, which is exactly what I did.

mattbooty

Reaction score
Well I ordered my D3 today and got overnight shipping, so as soon as that arrives tomorrow I will start on an initial ROM with the basics + plus root, nothing fancy but at least get something out so that you guys can see that I am working on it. Depending on when Fed-Ex shows up we'll see how early I can get something up. I thought D-fill on the 7th meant I can get it in store the 7th, but I was told you can't get it in store till the 14th, but you can order it starting today, which is exactly what I did.

Same here, I opted for overnight shipping as well... I figured the wait over the weekend would have slowly driven me insane, plus now I have all weekend to play around with it....

Really looking forward to seeing what you can come up with!

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
yeah the wait would have killed more, even more than the wait from now until I see Fed-Ex pull up, who's down for taking some serious NyQuil lets just sleep it off.. lol

Same here, I opted for overnight shipping as well... I figured the wait over the weekend would have slowly driven me insane, plus now I have all weekend to play around with it....

Really looking forward to seeing what you can come up with!

lunacie

Reaction score
Great to see that there's excitement about this Droid from some developers - I'm ordering this afternoon for my wife & me, we'll get overnight shipping as well I guess. Looking forward to it, let me know where to donate when the time comes.

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
donate is my signature man, but don't feel obligated to donate

Great to see that there's excitement about this Droid from some developers - I'm ordering this afternoon for my wife & me, we'll get overnight shipping as well I guess. Looking forward to it, let me know where to donate when the time comes.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Sorry if I haven't been paying much attention, but does the D3 have an unlocked bootloader?