Looking for ROM Developers to support Droid 3

mattbooty

Reaction score
yeah the wait would have killed more, even more than the wait from now until I see Fed-Ex pull up, who's down for taking some serious NyQuil lets just sleep it off.. lol

I hear ya, I'm upgrading from d1 so this is a long time coming for me, first time I've had a new phone to look forward to in a while so I'm definitely sweating the wait... the NyQuil idea sounds good though, as soon as I get off work I'm stopping by walmart and then rip van winkle it until fedex shows up haha.

mattbooty

Reaction score
Sorry if I haven't been paying much attention, but does the D3 have an unlocked bootloader?

I have yet to hear any confirmation on this one way or another... I bet we won't know until a dev like woodyman gets hold of it tomorrow.

EDIT: Just saw woodyman mention in another thread that its unlocked, so I may be wrong (in a good way hehe)!

Last edited:

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
yes confirmed unlockable meaning when you get it, it will be locked it is up to the user to unlock and it will void the manufacture warrenty

Sorry if I haven't been paying much attention, but does the D3 have an unlocked bootloader?

I have yet to hear any confirmation on this one way or another... I bet we won't know until a dev like woodyman gets hold of it tomorrow.

EDIT: Just saw woodyman mention in another thread that its unlocked, so I may be wrong (in a good way hehe)!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
How come the Dx2 isn't unlockable? They changed their stance for the D3?

mattbooty

Reaction score
yes confirmed unlockable meaning when you get it, it will be locked it is up to the user to unlock and it will void the manufacture warrenty

Thats awesome news. I'll gladly trade my warranty for increased customization hehe.

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
just a heads up i would hold off on buying one until it is confirmed for sure, ive got confirmed reports from others, but i would hate for someone to get this device and then it be locked or something. we will all know more tomorrow when i/others get the device in hand.

Thats awesome news. I'll gladly trade my warranty for increased customization hehe.

mattbooty

Reaction score
just a heads up i would hold off on buying one until it is confirmed for sure, ive got confirmed reports from others, but i would hate for someone to get this device and then it be locked or something. we will all know more tomorrow when i/others get the device in hand.

Locked bootloader isn't a dealbreaker for me, I had mine ordered before you posted that you were thinking it was unlocked. If it is unlocked (or they later unlock it via an update like some of the others) it'll just be a bonus.

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
well i know it can be unlocked for sure, but it may not be able to when we all get it it might be an update further down to enable it for everyone. we will know more tomorrow.

Locked bootloader isn't a dealbreaker for me, I had mine ordered before you posted that you were thinking it was unlocked. If it is unlocked (or they later unlock it via an update like some of the others) it'll just be a bonus.

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
this is the gray area i recently posted about in a thread, i can't remember which but basically yes it mean the device does not have an UNLOCKED bootloader keep in the mind the Xoom is not UNLOCKED either its UNLOCKABLE but moto doesn't even really offically support that like i said its a very gray area, so just because its not unlocked doesn't mean anything most devices don't come unlocked but they come unlockable. And they try to keep it as hush as possible they always give as few details as they can.

Im sure it is unlockable though, moto forum people aren't the greatest guys to get advice from or the nicest ones in the book...

i can't remember where i just posted that.. time to look..

mattbooty

Reaction score
Stelv = negative nancy....

Gotta be the buzzkill don't you!

Hehe, in all seriousness, I love that the article is specifically citing "Motorola Forum Manager" as the source...

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
just curious here where did you get this info from?

because I have first hand info that says different, which is the only reason I am leaning towards it being unlockable tomorrow or at least in an upgrade at some point soon.

either way a solid confirmation one way or another is ideal, would save me time cause I will send it back, I only got it because I heard otherwise

The bootloader IS locked, and its NOT unlockable.