Note 4 battery

Mike8016

Reaction score
I used my note 4 pretty heavily today. I streamed music for an hour was texting all day/snapchatting and ended up with this. Idk how some people get 5+ hours of screentime. That has never happened to me on any phone

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419225278108.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1419225278108.png
    284.8 KB · Views: 282
  • uploadfromtaptalk1419225282567.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1419225282567.png
    310.1 KB · Views: 248
  • uploadfromtaptalk1419225285090.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1419225285090.png
    116.9 KB · Views: 269

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
There are so many reasons for the battery drain. Many Apps are active even though they are not being used. Some are constantly using WIFI/Data. They may be checking location or updating in the background.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Your phone signal could be coming into play too, I see you have 3 out of 5 bars. Check your stats in the settings and I bet you're getting pretty high dBms and asu readings.

I'm with you though, I've never gotten anywhere past 4hrs of screen time on any device, even when my s4 was new (my newest and current phone). I tried every trick in the book for battery savings and all I can narrow it down to is the poor quality of radios used in Samsung devices (I had the SGN previously). The worst part is I live and frequent very well covered areas and still the phone can sometimes struggle to hold a consistent signal.

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
WTH happened to our official Note 4 battery thread? I can't find it now.

Anyway, I may have gotten around 5 hours screen on, but not much more than that.

As others have said though, it really depends on all the factors they've listed specifically along with others not mentioned.

Might Note 4 makes it through the whole day most days on a single charge, but when I'm heavy into a new game or something, I tend to have to top it off by early evening just to be safe. Although, by then, I'm usually done playing around with it and end up with plenty of battery left before I plug it in for the night.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The screen should be #1 battery user by quite a bit.
Something was using cpu in the background for a while for Android system to show as your top user. Perhaps your social media sync schedule was the culprit, keeping the cpu awake and your data network sniffing for updates. The graph shows it was a steady downward drop lie something consistently drank the juice.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
WTH happened to our official Note 4 battery thread? I can't find it now.

Anyway, I may have gotten around 5 hours screen on, but not much more than that.

As others have said though, it really depends on all the factors they've listed specifically along with others not mentioned.

Might Note 4 makes it through the whole day most days on a single charge, but when I'm heavy into a new game or something, I tend to have to top it off by early evening just to be safe. Although, by then, I'm usually done playing around with it and end up with plenty of battery left before I plug it in for the night.
How is your Battery Life Android Forum at DroidForums.net
How is your Battery Life?

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4