Notification clock

I've spent hours trying to figure this out. I've tried using Notepad+ to compare StatusIcon.smalis from stock service.jar with those from themes with the clocks removed and just can't get it. There seems to be very slight differences between the two, but I have no idea what I'm actually looking at. Making what I think are the correct edits results in a boot loop or the clock still being there. Guess I'll jump on IRC and beg for help.

The sad thing is that when I removed the clock on stock Froyo, it made me nuts and had to put it back. Now it's making me nuts *not* being able to get rid of it. What did I do to deserve this oh lord?

I've spent hours trying to figure this out. I've tried using Notepad+ to compare StatusIcon.smalis from stock service.jar with those from themes with the clocks removed and just can't get it. There seems to be very slight differences between the two, but I have no idea what I'm actually looking at. Making what I think are the correct edits results in a boot loop or the clock still being there. Guess I'll jump on IRC and beg for help.

The sad thing is that when I removed the clock on stock Froyo, it made me nuts and had to put it back. Now it's making me nuts *not* being able to get rid of it. What did I do to deserve this oh lord?

to remove the clock in-code, you simply get ahold of the TextView that it displays as, and set it's visibility to "gone". there are 3 types of visibility for a view: "visible", "invisible" (space is left), and "gone" (as if the view was never added to the layout).

i have no idea how this would be modified in smali, but never fear, the bug is on the bug tracker and i have already decided to include it in the next release. if you can't wait until then, well i hope at least that this has given you a little bit of direction on where to look to fix it :)

to remove the clock in-code, you simply get ahold of the TextView that it displays as, and set it's visibility to "gone". there are 3 types of visibility for a view: "visible", "invisible" (space is left), and "gone" (as if the view was never added to the layout).

i have no idea how this would be modified in smali, but never fear, the bug is on the bug tracker and i have already decided to include it in the next release. if you can't wait until then, well i hope at least that this has given you a little bit of direction on where to look to fix it :)

Thanks for the advice, it at least gave me a glimmer of hope that I could do this! I'm glad to see the option will be in the next version, but this is one of those "I'm on a mission" things at this point.

One question though: I can't remember where I got the idea that the clock was even in StatusBarIcon.smali. Do you know if that's correct? Or did I just assume it and I'm wrong?

I cant get into bugzilla to send a request, but I think it would be nice to have 10% battery increments and be able to enable and disable them and edit their colors from spare parts :)

really? I haven't used it in a while, but it worked on CM back before the clock settings were in spare parts

Let me rephrase that:
It worked up to whatever version of CM I was on the last time I successfully used it. I know it's been updated to work with some revision of Froyo. It does not work on Sapphire.

I cant get into bugzilla to send a request, but I think it would be nice to have 10% battery increments and be able to enable and disable them and edit their colors from spare parts :)

The battery colors are .pngs, so those would have to be edited thru framework-res.apk. I put in my own custom 10% battery increment .pngs, but haven't paid enough attention to see if framework is actually reporting the 10% increments. I also don't have %s in the .pngs, which makes it harder to tell if x is 60% or 70%, etc.

The battery colors are .pngs, so those would have to be edited thru framework-res.apk. I put in my own custom 10% battery increment .pngs, but haven't paid enough attention to see if framework is actually reporting the 10% increments. I also don't have %s in the .pngs, which makes it harder to tell if x is 60% or 70%, etc.

Yea, i know they are. I can edit my own, but CM has the option in spare parts. And no, it only reports 20% increments unless you like build it into the rom or something? Im not sure how its done.

Which doesn't work on source-built ROMs.
really? I haven't used it in a while, but it worked on CM back before the clock settings were in spare parts

Let me rephrase that:
It worked up to whatever version of CM I was on the last time I successfully used it. I know it's been updated to work with some revision of Froyo. It does not work on Sapphire.
ah bummer. xUltimate is a sweet program

Let me rephrase that:
ah bummer. xUltimate is a sweet program

It may work on colors, etc with Sapphire, but the only thing I've tried is removing the clock.

Man I want that clock gone! Just so I realize how convenient it really is and add it back.

Man I want that clock gone! Just so I realize how convenient it really is and add it back.

I would like to see the option to remove it because it drives me nuts :icon_eek: to see the clock in the top right when you have a big clock right underneath it when using Beautiful Widget.

Last edited:
Back