PDANet

ccps

Reaction score
I got a message from App Brain that there was an update fro PDANet. So I indicated to update from the market and got an error. When I search the market it does nto show up for me on my Tbolt. I had a friend try it on his Incred and another on his X. Same result. I had another friend try it on his original Moto and it shows up in his market. When I got my tbolt I was able to find and install PDANet 2.45. Now 3.0 is out. In my limited test it seems to be not available to HTC users. Anybody else see this?

jimmiem

Reaction score
PDANet and other tethering apps are being blocked by Verizon and a few other carriers. I think ultimately this is going to be monumentally bad for Google to allow because it will drive Android owners to use Amazon's app store.

I had not considered the ramifications for users who had already bought these items. Not being able to update something which you have rightfully purchased could blow up in Verizon's face. I would call to complain. Your one call might not get results but if enough people call in with the same problem Verizon may be forced to deal with it.

OP
C

ccps

Reaction score
That Sucks. I even went to fabrics website and clicked on the link to install it directly from their site. It just sat and the page and never worked. I have a support call into Fabrics. I will post their response. And your right. I paid for it so I might have to demand my money back. Easy teather is also missing but it is on Amazon.

Natey2

Reaction score
The crystal ball says PdaNet will appear in the Amazon Appstore shortly :)

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

LinuxHack3r

Reaction score
I hope so! I installed the Amazon app store just for this reason.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

OP
C

ccps

Reaction score
Got an install error trying to install easytether from the Amazon app store? What the?????? App starts to down load then quits with an error.

OP
C

ccps

Reaction score
Never mind. My fault on the install error.

Dancwme

Reaction score
how to install PDANET

I found this guide on I can't download pdanet nor easytether from the market. Why?

It worked on my thunderbolt htc

You have to turn your phone off, take out the SIM card, turn the phone back on, and connect to a wifi network. Then, try searching for the tethering apps in the market. Once you find one and install, you can turn the phone off and reinsert the SIM card.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
PDANet and other tethering apps are being blocked by Verizon and a few other carriers. I think ultimately this is going to be monumentally bad for Google to allow because it will drive Android owners to use Amazon's app store.

I had not considered the ramifications for users who had already bought these items. Not being able to update something which you have rightfully purchased could blow up in Verizon's face. I would call to complain. Your one call might not get results but if enough people call in with the same problem Verizon may be forced to deal with it.

Ya I was wondering how this would play out myself. The thing is, tethering without paying for tethering violates your contract with verizon. So, you were technically stealing access to the verizon network while using the app.

Furthermore, you bought the app from the developer not from Verizon so they don't owe you anything.

You should try to get a refund from the developer but personally I don't think it is deserved.

OP
C

ccps

Reaction score
I tried the side load procedure. No go. Took my simm out. got on wifi. went to market. PDANEt and Easytether are still not available.

OP
C

ccps

Reaction score
I just bought easytether and it transferred and installed.

DroidStang

Reaction score
My question is.....I just used the version of PDANet I installed weeks ago, not updated and still works....is there a reason to update?

OP
C

ccps

Reaction score
According to the site
Version 3.0 improves performance and fixes multiple connection issues. Now allows you to hide Tether usage.

So yes. I would say so. Especially if you can hide your tethering!!

DroidStang

Reaction score
I thought the whole deal behind, free tether....EasyTether and PDAnet were was not tracked anyways.....I tether all day long and under data usage it is 0? only time it showed data use under my account on verizon was when i downloaded Lets golf2, i had $4 for data use, I called said wait though I had unlimited, played dumb that I did not use tethering, they said how that program cost $4 so show as data, so my tethering use does not show?