PDANet

Jacob9424

Reaction score
15 geez......I have free tether on my blackberry, was working remotely everyday and doing tech support and did not even hit 5 gnawing, so thinking I won't even think about it then, tell, prove it LOL

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Well 4g is faster than most internet services...so right there you can tell I'm not using WiFi. I like to upload and download stuff to my dropbox to transfer to other computers, like pictures and videos. Plus add internet browsing, app downloading, and other things. Lol adding up data is pretty easy. Plus I'm on ,vacation here in Orlando and wow I get 40mbps download here on LTE. I only get 6mbps where I live in Jacksonville, Florida.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

DroidStang

Reaction score
LOL jaxvlle , vacation Orlando, I used to live in j villa and found going Orlando was just like being at home, Alaska, now that's vacation LOL, I know, I know, moms day.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I have the paid version 2.41. When I go to June's web site, it gives the option to dl or buy version 3.0, but no update option. Anyone know how to update the paid version?

Jeyman

Reaction score
I dont no if it will allow paid apps to show up still, but if you want just DL MarketEnabler and change it to Sprints market.

Its how I re DLed PDA. Worked like a charm. Also if your not in the US, and you want a lot of the apps we seem to get(EU people seem to complain a lot about this) This will help you get US apps as well.

If it has a region check they may still not work(some apps), but you can still install it lol

DroidStang

Reaction score
All I ever had was free and downloaded newest version w/o paid still get to all secured sites, vpn to my company's network and not asked to pay yet?

jseah

Reaction score
I have the paid version 2.41. When I go to June's web site, it gives the option to dl or buy version 3.0, but no update option. Anyone know how to update the paid version?

Download the most current version to your PC, and then follow the instructions and connect your phone to your PC when prompted. It will update the software on your phone to 3.0.

Tempesto

Reaction score
PDANet and Verizon

PDANet and other tethering apps are being blocked by Verizon and a few other carriers. I think ultimately this is going to be monumentally bad for Google to allow because it will drive Android owners to use Amazon's app store.

I had not considered the ramifications for users who had already bought these items. Not being able to update something which you have rightfully purchased could blow up in Verizon's face. I would call to complain. Your one call might not get results but if enough people call in with the same problem Verizon may be forced to deal with it.

I sent the following to support at PDANet. I know it's a Droid but the issue is really Verizon and access to the app is the least of your worries.

>It works. That is I have it installed on the Droid and I can link to my laptop via Bluetooth. The problem is I can only see one web page. The Verizon page that explains how I must purchase the tether option. Oh yes, I did try and type different addresses and URLs into the address bar. My guess, right now, (05/14/2011) Verizon sees this link as a tether and redirects your browser to this one page. I have as yet to try a wired USB tether but I see no reason to try and there has been nothing but half truths and confusion about the subject online. Why not just test and release a real report on the current ability to tether on Verizon for free? I don't believe PDANet (or any other app?)can. Thanks.<

DroidStang

Reaction score
So why is it such a big deal connecting with a cable, no hassle,,,,,,,oh so you know, fired up PDANet, used my cable, shutdown my home network and I am on this site typing now as well as my banking site, so must be the wireless/bluetooth mode.

lfylove

Reaction score
Try going to *********** and downloading a previous version. Its not pirating if u already payed for the app just downgrading

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jimmiem

Reaction score
I'm currently connected with WiFi Tether for Root and it's working okay. It's very disconcerting that Verizon could even gain so much control over what you do with a phone you own. Yeah, yeah, it's their network, but it's not like I'm not paying to use it.

I'm a light-usage customer. Sell me 5GB and then piss off and let me do what I want with it.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I have used the paid version of PDANet for quite awhile. I just updated to 3.0. I connect with my OG Droid... no issues.

LOUISSSSS

Reaction score
on pdanet 3.0 on TB and W7-64. i thought pdanet blocked https (IE: facebook)

fb is working.. did an update somewhere allow full access to websites?