Phone works, screen broken, can I access files?

Cuz97

Reaction score
My phones screen randomly went black today. I turned it off than back on and the motorola startup circle showed up but off center and to the side of the screen? so i took out the battery and tried it again this time the motorola symbol was split in half, half of the circle on one side of the screen, and the other half on the other side of the screen. Touch screen still works because when i go to drag that thing to unlock it it vibrates, it still vibrates when i get a text, keyboard lights up, home keys light up....but screen wont. ive taken out my battery a million times and tried plugging it into the charger without the sd card or battery and that didnt work... so any suggestions?

Sounds like the ribbon cable to the screen has gone bad. U may need a replacement. I don't think the method mentioned in this thread will work for your situation.

Hoomai29

Reaction score
Droid Screen Black

Hey Rach24. You seemed confused about how long to keep it plugged in, whether to put the battery pack back in after plugging it in, etc. Then you posted that it worked for you. I'm happy to hear it, but can you tell me exactly how you did it? The same thing is happening with my droid 1, the screen doesn't work. The soft keys and the key board light up as well as the backlight on the screen, but no touch screen at all. i tried plugging the phone into the charger without the battery and sd card... nothing. i can hear the sound of the phone booting up. so if you could tell me exactly what you did to get yours working again, i would really appreciate it. thank

I tried the workaround mentioned here and they did not work. I then called Assurion, who provide Verizon's replacement phones. Their technical support suggested that I use the keypad to dial the full number three times and then firmly hit the send button three times. (They said if you don't have a keypad, as might be the case with other Droid models, then you should firmly hit the power button three times.) I tried this and nothing happened and then about five minutes later the screen cam back on and everything is working normally.