[Release] Holy-Blue-v-3.0

goinskiing

Reaction score
Thanks Woody! I'm really enjoying this rom a lot, and holygrail, the theming is awesome. Good work both of you, I look forward to seeing what you guys will continue to produce in the future.

Maybe a couple suggestions:
1.) While moving the (htc style) launcher tray from portrait to landscape, the tray doesn't look very good the with the current configuration, maybe it can stay while moving to portrait (does that make sense?)
2.) Maybe make a terminal script that automatically installs apks that are unzipped into \sdcard\apps or something along those lines
3.) Keep making kick butt roms!

I noticed in the SD 4.0 thread that you're already working on 4.1? When that come's will there be a way to update the HG to that same 4.1 base? And last question for now, isn't the baseband already included in the nandroid, or do I need to manually do that (which I have done in other roms before so I know how to do it).

Thanks for a good rom guys! Keep up the good work. :icon_ banana:

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Thanks Woody! I'm really enjoying this rom a lot, and holygrail, the theming is awesome. Good work both of you, I look forward to seeing what you guys will continue to produce in the future.

Maybe a couple suggestions:
1.) While moving the (htc style) launcher tray from portrait to landscape, the tray doesn't look very good the with the current configuration, maybe it can stay while moving to portrait (does that make sense?)
2.) Maybe make a terminal script that automatically installs apks that are unzipped into \sdcard\apps or something along those lines
3.) Keep making kick butt roms!

I noticed in the SD 4.0 thread that you're already working on 4.1? When that come's will there be a way to update the HG to that same 4.1 base? And last question for now, isn't the baseband already included in the nandroid, or do I need to manually do that (which I have done in other roms before so I know how to do it).

Thanks for a good rom guys! Keep up the good work. :icon_ banana:

lol, so much to write... lol, j/k

1. ive tried to get the laucher to rotate, but i cant seem to get it to work.. i'll start messing with it again, i gave up cause ive been doing so many other things.. lol

2. not promising but i'll check into it..

3. i will.. lol

and HB will be updated probably tommorrow, me and holygrail chat alot throughout the day, and he didnt sleep last night, so he was up for over 24 hours, so you can imagine how he feels, he took the rest of the night off to catch up, hes had a busy week, but he still got everything done... so THANK YOU HolyGrail.. he will get an updated version out for everyone soon..

thanks.. :)

ufearme3

Reaction score
Woodyman, just installed, looks great so far! One note: the HTC Touch Input process keep FC"ing on me.. right from the start. I ended up going into the keyboard settings and unchecked and the force closes stopped. But until then it was popping up every 3 seconds.

Just an FYI, I don't mean to take away from how awesome it looks! Love your ROM so far!!! :icon_ banana:

HMJB

Reaction score
I really like this theme alot, any chance of it being based on the newest ESE base?
Also I really want those mods on Beautiful widgets clock as well :p

mr.droid87

Reaction score
I just installed it and so far everything is running smooth and I really like it, someone already beat me to the punch but the launcher only rotates when I slide my keyboard but even then the menu buttons doesn't show all the way. I love the new boot animations, and so far the best one I've seen besides red rage, but I really like red rage so I changed to that. I will backup this rom so I can use it if I so happen to change roms. Excellent good job Woody/Holy

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
I just installed it and so far everything is running smooth and I really like it, someone already beat me to the punch but the launcher only rotates when I slide my keyboard but even then the menu buttons doesn't show all the way. I love the new boot animations, and so far the best one I've seen besides red rage, but I really like red rage so I changed to that. I will backup this rom so I can use it if I so happen to change roms. Excellent good job Woody/Holy

Yeah, lol, its know, but if you look at all the 2.1 lauchers, like the smokedglass and UD, 2.1 they all have the same issues in landscape, so its not just mine.. its cause of how it rotates the images, and you can't change it or it will look funny in regular mode.. so you can have it normal in protrait OR landscape.. i'd rather be normal in protrait, hardly use it in landscape anyways.. lol

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
IN ORDER TO NOT GET FC'S WHEN INSTALLING THIS ROM, YOU MUST INSTALL THESE FILES, HERE IS THE REASONING BEHIND THIS..

The nandroid backup contains a system and data partition, if you don't mind about wiping data/cache then restore both and then YOU DON'T need to install these files..

if you don't want to wipe like most of you.. then download the following folder and unzip, place the 4 apks on the root of your sdcard and install.. then you can use the modified HTC Keyboard without the FC messages.. if you simply don't want to use the HTC Keyboard go to settings>Launguage and Keyboard and uncheck the box for touch input.. :)

here is your explaniation.. if the HTC Keyboard is installed into the system/apps folder it will ALWAYS FC, so you must install it regualary on your phone, HolyGrail, included part of it in the system/apps folder, which is why you are getting the FC messages, he did this because he spent alot of time, editing this keyboard and i must say its really nice.. :)

Last edited:

ACC131

Reaction score
hey,

loving the rom. looks great, runs smooth. one problem...metamorph doesn't seem to work. am i the only one having this problem? would hate to leave such a great rom just cause i cant theme the email and market icons haha. thanks.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
hey,

loving the rom. looks great, runs smooth. one problem...metamorph doesn't seem to work. am i the only one having this problem? would hate to leave such a great rom just cause i cant theme the email and market icons haha. thanks.

For the Current version no, but it will be in the next release

goinskiing

Reaction score
Holy Blue w/V4.1 Update

I know you guys are busy (congrats by the way on the new team, totally stoked about it) but any progress report on Holy Blue getting the 4.1 update? I'm loving your ROM by the way, especially the HB version, I haven't even gone back to UD10 since I've been on this. Thanks for the great rom!

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
I know you guys are busy (congrats by the way on the new team, totally stoked about it) but any progress report on Holy Blue getting the 4.1 update? I'm loving your ROM by the way, especially the HB version, I haven't even gone back to UD10 since I've been on this. Thanks for the great rom!

Holy Blue recieved that update yesterday.. lol.. and im stoked that your loving the ROM.. were going to have some offficial team signatures soon also.. :)