[Release] update.zip -- to get nexusmod and Laucher2 working on ESE53 ROMS

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Didn't think about this before but I did change my phone app to the ultimate droid one, but I did before I tried this hack, because it made the numbers blue on press.. ill post my phone apk soon and that should work I completely forgot, I'm sorry, this is probably y ur having issues.. ady think we could get a new update.zip made that also updates the phone app and includes a launcher2.apk..?

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
This didn't even occur to me I. Was puzzeld with the fact that ady had issues with calls but looking back at my notes v 2.0 of my rom I switched to an ultimate droid phone apk, and I didn't do this hack till v 2.5, so this didn't even cross my mind.. now I feel dumb, sorry guys..

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If you can find a sucker, I mean tester, to show that it works, I'll put it in the update.zip.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Great I'll upload the phone apk very soon I didn't get a chance last night, got home layer on my couch and just past out an I just woke up.. Sorry but I'll get it here soon..

inmate369

Reaction score
sweet! ill be happy do it if you tell me how to apply the new phone.apk

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
heres the link..
http://www.***********/file/250615578/29456073/Phone.html

i uploaded as apk this time so just download and place on the root of your sdcard

i use terminal so heres what to do using terminal after opening
$su
#mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
#cp /sdcard/Phone.apk /system/app
#reboot

remember the $ and # are there for reference and if cp doesn't work then you mignt need to type this instead.. :)

#busybox cp

if you need anymore help just let mme knwo..

Last edited:

inmate369

Reaction score
Woodyman every thing seems to be working fine. I made several calls and received several(12) tried texting and that works fine, and so does the helix2 launcher. For what its worth I applied the phone.apk first then did your and adryn's update.zip and its working fine.
On a side note when i installed the older phone.apk it changed my blue theme back to stock green when receiving a call i.e. the slider to answer the call and the android avatar. It also has a two ring delay when receiving a call. Also If adryn makes a new update.zip i think it would be nice if ya'll include the launcher2 (i had to get the helix2 from the market to get 3D drawer).
Thanks for all your help if you ever need me to test anything send me a message i'll be happy to help.

p.s. i still have to fix my lwp the way i want it but that's my problem thanks again

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Woodyman every thing seems to be working fine. I made several calls and received several(12) tried texting and that works fine, and so does the helix2 launcher. For what its worth I applied the phone.apk first then did your and adryn's update.zip and its working fine.
On a side note when i installed the older phone.apk it changed my blue theme back to stock green when receiving a call i.e. the slider to answer the call and the android avatar. It also has a two ring delay when receiving a call. Also If adryn makes a new update.zip i think it would be nice if ya'll include the launcher2 (i had to get the helix2 from the market to get 3D drawer).
Thanks for all your help if you ever need me to test anything send me a message i'll be happy to help.

p.s. i still have to fix my lwp the way i want it but that's my problem thanks again

alright, thanks man, and i'll shoot ady a PM now.. :icon_ banana:

inmate369

Reaction score

alright, thanks man, and i'll shoot ady a PM now.. :icon_ banana:

sad to say the sholes blue nexus lwp you gave me fc before it even starts i think ill go with UD's dark- -blue and white(FTW)