[RELEASE] Succulent Desire v-2.5 -working nexusmod livewallpaper

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Succulent Desire v-2.5
***I am not responsible for any damage that you do to your phone, now or ever, you install everything on your own, i don’t do it for you.***

WORKING nexusmod and Laucher2 apps..!!!

Firmware Version – Android 2.1 ESE53 base

Kernal – Adam-Z ESE53 Build 5 slot [included one ranges from 250 mhz – 800 mhz]

bootanimation – Cyborg Hi Res [Credit to dantana]

Included Apps
2.1 Music Player
2.1 Desk Clock [Now with smokedglass theme]
2.1 Multi Touch Browser
2.1 Multi Touch Gallery
2.1 Multi Touch Maps
2.1 Keyboard with Voice Search
Updated Contacts and Phone app, new icons at top [Credit to R1Lover]
Ultimate droid themed helix [Credit to Ultimate Droid]
Ultimate droid Laucher2 [Credit to Ultimate Droid]
New MMS App w/Customizable Background [Credit to Ultimate Droid]
Alarm Clock [2.0.1 clock]
Media Dock [2.0.1 dock]
Facebook app
Google Maps [With working live wallpaper already included/latitude Widget]
G1 IM app
Smoked Glass themed Pandora
Smoked Glass themed You tube
Temp monitor- lite, shows actual CPU Temp [please purchase full version in Market]
Motorola Motoroi video player [10 times better than the stock one]
2.1 News/Weather Widget/app [Transparent with The Weather Channel icon removed]
Wifi Tether

Tweaks/Hacks
Working nexusmod and Laucher2 apps [NEW IN 2.5]
Flac support
Video Recording increased to 6 mb/s [Stock is 3 mb/s]
Wifi Scanning increased to 90 sec
Nexus one and droid notifications/ringtones
Shortened ring delay
Deodexed

Other Features
Stock Droid Font
2.0.1 Droid themed launcher with 5 screens [credit to Matth3w]
Helix Launcher [up to 7 screens, select menu and configure to pick number of screens, can also be downloaded in Market]
Interactive Live wallpapers, including maps live wallpaper

Removed
Amazon mp3 app
Corporate calendar app
Verizon visual voicemail app
Camera shutter sound
Video recorder sound
Development app [removed from 2.0]
Milestone Gallery and photo editor [removed from 2.0]

Included Widgets
Launcher Dock [Requested by Mojo]
Notes Widget
Slide Show Widget
Milestone World Clock Widget
Motorola Motoroi World Clock Widget

Theme mixes
SmokedGlass [Credit to Adam-Z]
Droid Hex
Elegant Droid
White GPS icon in status bar
HTC Tattoo Battery icons
Modified 3G icons [New modifications]
New Downloading/Uploading icons
App selection is blue instead of orange...
More Blue throughout, but not an overload of blue
New Blue signal bar [Credit to R1Lover]

Nandroid Installation Instructions
-Extract the files from the archive using 7zip or a similar program
-Place the extracted folder (the ROM) into the "nandroid" folder on your sdcard
-Reboot into recovery mode (hold the power and "x" button at the same time)
-Make an advanced nandroid backup of your current ROM, backup all options
-Wipe data/factory reset (do this twice!)
-Wipe cache partition (do this twice!)
-Backup/Restore
-Advanced Nandroid Restore
-Choose backup (select the ROM “Succulent-Desire-v-2.5)
-Perform Restore
-Enjoy!

Custom Scripts [used in terminal, after su]
rwsys - Mount System as Read/Write
rosys - Mount System as Read-Only
recov - Reboot into Recovery Mode

Side Notes
*Remember to always backup before switching ROMS
*You DO NOT need to wipe data/cache if you’re already on a 2.1 ROM
*If you have problems, wipe data/cache and all issues should be resolved
*Do not hesitate to ask questions or leave feedback [good or bad]
*Only you are responsible for your bricked droid, don’t blame me or anyone else
*Have fun

-Woodyman

IF YOU’RE USING A ESE53 BASED ROM NOW YOU DON'T NEED TO WIPE DATA/CACHE

Downloads
Don’t like my included Kernal?
Follow this link to over 42 kernals for all ESE53 ROM builds [Credit to Adam-Z]
Kernals HERE

Nandroid Download for Succulent Desire v 2.5
Found HERE

Screen Shots zip contains over 30 screenshots.. HERE

I will be putting all donations back into droidfourms and other DEVS.. :)

Last edited:

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Awesome Woodyman. Was wondering if there could be a separate release of the launcher 2? Kinda want to keep my blue of smoked glass. Still going to make a Nandroid backup, and give this a shot tho.

Status: I see......just read your trying to make a update.zip on the other thread.

Last edited:
OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
my base of this is the smoked glasss, ive just optimized it to my liking and chaned a little of the theme, but there is a lot of blue in it.. i enjoyed adam-z's blue and regular smoked glass theme, but i felt like there was an overkill of blue so i started witht eh regular smoked glass and added blue to a balance i like.. :)
please post some feedback man, and like i said most of this ROM is adam-Z 6.0.1 ESE53 build, ive just edited and added thins and such.. so it should be very similar to your smoked glass stability wise.. :)

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
my base of this is the smoked glasss, ive just optimized it to my liking and chaned a little of the theme, but there is a lot of blue in it.. i enjoyed adam-z's blue and regular smoked glass theme, but i felt like there was an overkill of blue so i started witht eh regular smoked glass and added blue to a balance i like.. :)
please post some feedback man, and like i said most of this ROM is adam-Z 6.0.1 ESE53 build, ive just edited and added thins and such.. so it should be very similar to your smoked glass stability wise.. :)

Sweet....its loading as I type this. Will definitely give you feed back. :)

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
dont forget, first boot takes awhile and screen will be black because the boot animation doesn't repeat.. but don't worry every other boot ends after the boot animation finishes.. and its a fun one to watch..

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Can this run on the telus Milestone?

I'm not sure, if you have nandroid and your version of the Milestone is CDMA then you could give it a shot, just be sure to back up your current ROM, but
I HAVE NO IDEA, AND ITS UP TO YOU.. i don't have any idea how the milestone is set up compared to droid, so i can't say whether it does it or not.. if it does though feel free to post my ROM in the milestone section.. let me know if you decide to try this out.. im curious.. but again I DON'T KNOW AND AM NOT ASKING YOU TO..

**standard disclaimer stuff** lol

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well have to say this is a great rom and you out did your self Woodyman. I only had a few issues, but this is because of a personal preference not because of the rom.

Landscape mode shows up better with the old launcher 2 buttons. The Droid bar disappears, (but this is small because launcher 2 didn't work well in the first place in landscape)

Miss the blue battery, and would like to have bar to look exactly like the launcher 2 one (I like the phone pic, browser pic, no droid word,etc...... ) . :)

Again this is because I simpleton, an for me less is more. I'm really happy you got it to work.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
thanks man, and i'll work on a simple ROM for you just post a simple list of what you would like to see and i'll get one started, if anyone else has any suggestions feel free to post.. and im going to take out the current laucher2.apk and replace with the HTC styled one, i really loved having that one on my other ROM, The Goods.. i just did the droid cause i just threw this together after i got the nexusmod and launcher2.apk to work, i was excited and wanted a release.. :)

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
some notes for everyone...

1. next release will contain 2 ROMS, one with even more blue and one with current theme..
2. it will have the HTC themed Laucher2 with working phone/browser buttons, no more droid
3. possibly removeing HelixLaucher from /system/app, you could still download in the market if you wanted it.. i personally don't like it, but post your thoughts and who knows what will happen,

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks man, and i'll work on a simple ROM for you just post a simple list of what you would like to see and i'll get one started, if anyone else has any suggestions feel free to post.. and im going to take out the current laucher2.apk and replace with the HTC styled one, i really loved having that one on my other ROM, The Goods.. i just did the droid cause i just threw this together after i got the nexusmod and launcher2.apk to work, i was excited and wanted a release.. :)

Very cool man! Thanks. :)

I've been playing around with it more. The only thing I can see that I would like would be a blue lock instead of the green lock on the lock screen, blue battery, and the white and green signal GPS to be white and blue signal. Of course the old launcher 2 buttons.

An HTC one? Sounds good.
If possible, once you get the update results from adrynalyne could you make a stand alone download (apk/updatezip?) of the original launcher 2 and the HTC one? That would be awesome. Maybe a choice of different colors of the two lanchers?

Have you ever seen the GDE White version of I believe the HTC one, looks really nice, but doesn't have any color feed back when you press it. The real HTC one has I believe a green color feedback when you press. (come to think about it would like that to be blue too) :), Ha I'm white and blue crazy. Don't want every thing blue. Still like all my notifications to be white. Rather have the old white signal bar, but I need to stop before I sound picky.

On a side note, I notice that the camera shutter sound is still there.

Last edited:
OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
lol, alright man i'll see what i can do, im not the greatest photo editor but i'll do my best.. and i've never seen/used GDE so im not sure how it looks, but the one i have is green on press..

i'll post an update.zip to get the nexusmod and launcher2 working im not sure how to make one, so that will be all it has, but i will post attachments in a minute of the HTC launcher im talking about..

also by original you mean the one with the block for the app drawer and the dots along the side, or one with buttons on the bottom for the phone and browser..?

and sorry about the sound, most of the time my droids on silent or vibrate anyways and i havn't noticed that, then again im not really a photo buff, i'll remove that part from the post, thanks for letting me know...

does the video recording one still sound as well or just camera one.?

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yup, thats what I mean on the original. :).

They both sound, but the video sound doesn't bother me.

Here is a link to what I saw.

Screenshot of White Hero for GDE

I think a little earth browser button would look better then that plus button tho.

I know you have a lot on your plate, so i'll just be happy with the original. Just giving you possible future ideas with this white one.

I don't drink, but I would gladly buy you a beer, and ship it to you first class. :wink:

Last edited:
OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
hey man i appreciate it and i'll try to get some of these in future addtions.. :)
about to upload the htc laucher im talking about now.. :) been busy hitting refresh and watching the NCAA tournament action.. lol.. texas tech or ole miss...? i'm feeling ole miss..
its OT by the way TT-78 OM-75
only 1 min left...........
who will win......