Report your ICS on Razr experience here.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Oh awesome! I think you will be very happy you did. It is sort of nice starting out with a clean slate.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

opalmerin

Reaction score
My brother was able to install his ICS last night on his rooted razr i have same rooted razr and it tells me download failed to install idk why?

WETLAYED

Reaction score
43bfa9ec-3efb-c06b.jpg

Is any body having trouble with youtube not working?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jrpbulk

Reaction score
Well I really have no choice i just did a factory reset. Little by little various apps have stopped working and i seem to be having all around instability.

Hopefully a fresh start will help. I have been using this for a few weeks now if you know what I mean (and I don't mean the leak or rooting).

211SSW

Reaction score
Report your RAZR experience here

I unsubscribed in error & I want to know if by writing this, will I be re-subscribed? In reply to what this person reported, I have no helpful info since I have no experience with rooted phones, just a basic RAZR with HUGE number of Apps which makes me nervous when I read the they start to quit, which I wonder might have to do with ICS but may be rooted issue as well. Like I said, no idea.

hcbch

Reaction score
why haven't I got my ice cream sandwich yet?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

dmisc

Reaction score
The OTA downloaded last saturday, but I was hesitant in installing ICS because of the several bad reviews about battery issues. However, tonight I said the heck with it. If it screws up my battery life, I can exchange it since I purchased from Costco, and I have close to 2 months before the 90 day return policy.

I must say, I LIKE IT A LOT!!!! It feels snappier and I just like the overall feel of it. I've been playing with it for about an hour, installing some apps and looking around, debating which launcher I want to use with ICS. No report on battery life yet. I will do a full charge tonight and report on that later.

For those that have not updated yet, I backed everything up and did an FDR prior to installing, and I was not rooted. I was planning on doing another FDR after the install, but decided to not do that at that moment. I can get close to 1 day, 18 hours with moderate use before recharging. Hopefully I can get close to that with this update.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
hcbch said:
why haven't I got my ice cream sandwich yet?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Go to settings, about phone, system updates and it should be there... unless you are rooted.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

rdgxray

Reaction score
I just noticed I cannot make someone's cell phone number the primary number to use when calling or texting... gingerbread allowed you to do this...now when I try to text someone their email, home phone and cell phone are all choices... I got it to show only mobile numbers by deleting emails and home phone numbers. I tried having it show only phone contacts, but it still showed email addresses. Not ideal to have to remove email addresses and home phones just so you don't have to see them as choices when you text someone. Anyone know a way to fix this? I am probably just missing a setting some where I don't know about.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Beckeramos

Reaction score
Having an interesting issue with battery charging. When I charge with phone off the battery voltage goes to 4264...when I charge it with phone on the battery voltage goes to 4354. Anyone else notice this?

Horch it

Reaction score
Hello all, My max is approx 13 days old. Has anyone reported speaker phone clipping on maximum volume? If i turn the volume down a notch it doesn't clip. This happens intermittently on gb and now on ics. It doesn't do it with music or other media, just the human voice over speaker. Full fdr b4 & after update. Sounds odd I know. TIA, Mo

Last edited:

maxtorque

Reaction score
I noticed the same speakerphone issue before and after the upgrade.
Since the upgrade I've noticed numerous text entry glitches. Most involve spell checking on the fly and punctuation. If I tap on a word above the keys as the last word and double space it no longer adds the period. I have to back space once then double space. Very annoying. It's not as quick to offer correct words.

maxtorque

Reaction score
I've also noticed very inconsistent Wi-Fi signal strength. Before the upgrade I had a full strength signal everywhere in the house. Now I can stand 5 feet from the wireless router and get a single bar. All my other systems have a full signal.
At times I have to turn it off and rely on 4G - full signal.