Report your ICS on Razr experience here.

Lkvcutie

Reaction score
jroc said:
No, but I have had the speedtest app FC on me a few times. A reboot or hard reset fixes it.

You know what that has happened to me once but it was weird i wasn't even on you tube when that message popped up i was doing something totally different.

maxtorque

Reaction score
I think I figured out the weak Wi-Fi issue. My battery saver Smart Action was turning off the radio, but when it would re-enable it the signal was weak. Turning the Wi-Fi off then back on has repeatedly fixed the problem. Very annoying and not a problem before the upgrade to ICS.

WETLAYED

Reaction score
Today has been weird as far as battery life.. At work today i listened to some music using the google player for about three hours and noticed that my battery level was down to thirty percent and the phone was extremely hot!

What was disturbing was the back cover of phone popped off some how. So i let the phone charge all the way to full battery and now the battery seems to be doing better.

My question is should i be concerned and call for a replacement? I got my phone back in February. Any input on this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

William_04_x

Reaction score
Your battery must've swelled up during that charge cycle. I would be concerned if it were mine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

WETLAYED

Reaction score
Yea that's what I'm afraid of.. I'm gonna see how it does the next few days.

Caesars

Reaction score
Make them give you a new one, the clnr are more like clusedr's lol.

jaybogg

Reaction score
I think I figured out the weak Wi-Fi issue. My battery saver Smart Action was turning off the radio, but when it would re-enable it the signal was weak. Turning the Wi-Fi off then back on has repeatedly fixed the problem. Very annoying and not a problem before the upgrade to ICS.

I personally don't have any of the Wi'Fi or LTE issues (knock on wood), but I found your work-around interesting. I've seen people here reporting Wi-Fi issues, I'd be curious if they are turning off the radio, through smart actions or otherwise and if they got similar results. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Last edited:

silverdreams

Reaction score
Yea that's what I'm afraid of.. I'm gonna see how it does the next few days.

You said the cover popped off, can you see if the battery itself is bloated/swollen? The cover should NEVER just "pop off." I have taken apart a RAZR, and the cover is on there pretty tightly, I had to use a screwdriver to pry it off (damaging the cover in the process, lol). If the structural integrity of the battery has been compromised, you need to take care of it, pronto, before it starts a fire. I would take it right to Verizon, they will probably be able to dispose of it safely, and of course they will have seen that it was defective and start the process of getting you a replacement phone. Turn it off in the meantime!! :icon_eek:

WETLAYED

Reaction score
You said the cover popped off, can you see if the battery itself is bloated/swollen? The cover should NEVER just "pop off." I have taken apart a RAZR, and the cover is on there pretty tightly, I had to use a screwdriver to pry it off (damaging the cover in the process, lol). If the structural integrity of the battery has been compromised, you need to take care of it, pronto, before it starts a fire. I would take it right to Verizon, they will probably be able to dispose of it safely, and of course they will have seen that it was defective and start the process of getting you a replacement phone. Turn it off in the meantime!! :icon_eek:

Well the cover popped off on the left side of the phone, i didnt check and see if the battery was swollen. All i did was pop the back cover back on and let it charge back to full battery! Wow i didn't know it could be a fire hazard lol

WETLAYED

Reaction score
I guess it does have structural damage because i can pop the back cover off with my fingernail :eek:

WETLAYED

Reaction score
I just got back from Verizon and they said they had to do a test charge and i had to leave it there for three hours to see if there is a defect with the battey, they told me to come back tomorrow and they will tell me the deal is.

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
maxtorque said:

There is an update for smart actions. One of the bug fixes is making sure wifi switches on and off correctly. Hope this helps!!

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been covered but I just noticed my volume controls only my ringer volume, not the notification volume.
Any suggestions?

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Bang Pow Boom said:
Not sure if this has been covered but I just noticed my volume controls only my ringer volume, not the notification volume.
Any suggestions?

Good question. I use Quick Settings and it shows that mine is setup that way as there is a check box to enable or disable it.