SamuriHL's House of Bionic FAQ

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
But...but...then it wouldn't be off topic!

Sent from my Nexus 7

Posts pertaining to that thread have been moved to that thread as we'll. If something doesn't look right, let me know;)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reaction score
one question i had, that i dont see here is, will my data/apps be wiped by the update to the leak? You recommend backing up, which is obvious, but if all goes well does the data stay?

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Good question and I'll add it to the faq. The answer is that data will not be lost if you install it properly. Remember that leaks are just updates not yet released ota. So if they wiped out your data they'd have a lot of screaming people to contend with. The HoB was designed from the start to move from update to update without the need to fxz and wipe data. So if all goes well, all data remains. I tell people to backup in case it doesn't go well and for whatever reason they need to fully wipe the phone to get it working properly.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I've added that and an entry on stability to the FAQ.

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
Posts pertaining to that thread have been moved to that thread as we'll. If something doesn't look right, let me know;)

You're good...thanks for your work keeping this important document clean of our off topic ramblings ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
No problem, my pleasure:D

Andecay

Reaction score
Possibly off-topic, but I'm having some issues with this process... I have downloaded the Moto-fastboot and the necessary components of HoB. What do I do now?

geekabilly

Reaction score
Possibly off-topic, but I'm having some issues with this process... I have downloaded the Moto-fastboot and the necessary components of HoB. What do I do now?

SamuriHL has given us executable files, so run them, on your windows desktop, in the order listed - really couldn't be done any more efficiently, great work SHL!

Btw, I used HofB to go from 232 to 246 last night on Windows 8 and it was flawless - mucho gracias SamuriHL for this fine piece of work!

Tapatalking Samuri'd 246 Bionic

Last edited:

kc69

Reaction score
Hey partner
I've read and reread and want to verify. I don't have USB 3.0 I have xp still. Does 7.2 still have rsd 5.7 or do I need an older version of HOB To go from 232 to 246. I am still at work and haven't opened 7.2 yet to see. Just trying to get all my ducks in a row while I'm in town where I have 4g. Thanks for making this and answering all these questions.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I split everything up now so there's installers for the main HoB (7.2 currently), FXZ, RSD, and the update installers. Some people are having issues with RSD 6.14 so I added a new link for RSD 5.7 to the OP to see if that helps. But if you have the old COMPONENTS 1.0 installer kicking around, you can just install 7.2, the components installer, and the 246 update installer and you're golden.

doubleapitt

Reaction score
I've read the FAQ. I'm a Mac user. Where can i get the boot.img and update file? I don't know any PC users with those files. Can anyone post them? Or am i screwed for not having a PC?

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'll PM you. I'd rather they weren't posted publicly.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
It's so crazy easy now (7.2 RsD 5.7 244>246) seems like all it did was write over my kernel mod so that I have to fix it (or not, may exploit stock 246 battery life for a while and see what I can get out of it) and change to number on my about phone screen, not one app disturbed, not once screen changed.....crazy Damn Samn! I place the seal of magick on this. It can't be real! Satan's trickery!

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yes, the force is strong in this one. :)

KTG

Reaction score
quick question
Do you see any bugs in .246 ICS like in the ICS on the razr and razr maxx ?