Some issues with my new 6p

Raydee35

Reaction score
I recently bought the 6p after coming from a Galaxy Note 3. I honestly upgraded to the 6p because I wanted to use Android pay so I have no interest in rooting the device.

Here are the main issues I am having with the 6p so far, I am curious to see if anyone else has these problems and if they found a fix or app that will fix the issues.

1. In call volume is extremely low compared to my Note 3 and there are times when I struggle to make out what the other party is saying. Speaker phone volume is great. I know I can root to fix this problem but I don't want to do that. Is there an app that will boost call volume?

2. I am also having a problem setting ring tones and notification tones. I can set them and they seem to work for a short time and then they basically change on their own. This is strange to me as I have never had this happen with a smart phone. I have done a factory reset but it didnt help.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Try a reset, you'd be surprised what a reset fixes even on a fresh phone. As far as call volume goes, mine seems fine so if a reset doesn't do anything for you, a replacement may be the only option.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

I agree with @popcenator. I don't talk on the phone a lot, but I haven't noticed any issues with my call volume.

As for ringtones & etc, every one I've set has stayed set. A reset might fix that issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Unfortunately I have already done a factory reset and still have the same issues. Today I noticed that the phone is actually not changing the notification sound but is only playing like a millisecond of it and not the whole sound. Very strange.

Here is a funny one, as soon as I start thinking about sending the phone back now my notifications started to work right. I am really scratching my head now. I may wait for the next patch to decide if I am going to keep it or not.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Doesn't that just figure? I'm still not convinced that there isn't something wrong with that specific device. Those are pretty big issues that I haven't experienced & haven't seen anyone else complaining about.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Just a quick update. Notifications have been working like they should since my last post. The speaker problem was mote than just on my end because people were saying they were having a hard time hearing me as well. After some research I am not the only one with this problem. I ended up turning off the "Enhanced 4g LTE" in the network settings and all is great now.

I find it strange that "Enhanced 4g LTE" has caused those issues...

Good to hear, that could have been causing some issue with those who don't use a VoLTE service. I have it turned on with no issues. All that matters is everything is working for you.

Honestly I found it strange myself. Some other people found that turning of the listening for the "OK Google" fixed the problem for them but it did not make a difference for me.
Here is a link to the thread that I found some answers in.
Google Groups

I find it strange that "Enhanced 4g LTE" has caused those issues...
I'm not. It sucks. If you don't have a strong LTE connection it's horrible. I turned it off a day after turning it on. No one could hear me or I sounded really faint and tinny like a metal can.

Back