[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass X for DROID 2 !!!

SDI

Reaction score
theme looks hot! What happened to the battery percentages?

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
You are welcome and thank you.

Those issues are related to the restrictions of an Odexed ROM, I have come up with the best compromise available (most never even try to Theme an Odexed ROM to the level I do).... the only fix for that is for you to get a DeOdexed system and for me to get the DeOdexed Theme done...I will have my part done in the next day or so.... :)

That is what I was wondering. I think you did a great job with the clock since there are limitations with the Odexed system. I was thinking about Deodexing my system with Ultimate 2.2 but haven't jumped off that cliff yet. Is something like that very hard? I'm not sure if I'm ready to start loading roms to get the deodexed system yet. I know Epic has one out already, but, I might wait for those until they are past the release candidates.

Using Xultimate should work fine....you better hurry...my DeoDexed Droid 2 Theme is almost finished uploading (currently at 80%)....it will be waiting for you when you get done :)

You are smokin'! I just got done with deodexing my system and everything seemed to work okay. Now, just downloaded Black Glass theme Deodexed version. Making a new backup and then will load the theme and let you know how it looks. dancedroid

Well, that was weird. The boot up was a white screen with a blue droid eye. Then everything on the screen looked like the colors were inverted or you were looking at a negative. Then all of a sudden, it took and looks fine now. The notification drop down is transparent like it is supposed to be and the clock is white, but the background right behind the clock is still grey like the Odexed version which makes the clock a little hard to see. I will go through my phone tomorrow and let you know if there is anything else. Thanks a bunch, Dave.

Last edited:

SDI

Reaction score
is there anyway to put the percentages in the battery icon and when you pull down the notifications bar half the date is blacked out?

Reaction score
Screens:
CAP2010090701361.jpg

CAP2010090701351.jpg

CAP2010090701341.jpg

CAP2010090701331.jpg

CAP2010090701311.jpg

CAP2010090701302.jpg

CAP2010090701301.jpg

CAP2010090701293.jpg

CAP2010090701292.jpg

CAP2010090701291.jpg

CAP201009070137.jpg

CAP201009070136.jpg

CAP201009070135.jpg

CAP201009070134.jpg

CAP201009070133.jpg

CAP201009070131.jpg

CAP201009070130.jpg

CAP201009070129.jpg

Anyone wants anything else specific just ask

SPerry

Reaction score
Don't you people sleep? Mine (deodexed) looks like gonnadie's screen shots but my soft keyboard isn't skinned. What did I miss? Everything looks great though.

CAP201009070754.jpg

Last edited:
OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
is there anyway to put the percentages in the battery icon and when you pull down the notifications bar half the date is blacked out?

Too funny, everyone complained about the Battery percentages so I took them out.

Read the last page of Posts concerning thr CLock and Date issue with Odexed ROMs.... it is what it is.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
That is what I was wondering. I think you did a great job with the clock since there are limitations with the Odexed system. I was thinking about Deodexing my system with Ultimate 2.2 but haven't jumped off that cliff yet. Is something like that very hard? I'm not sure if I'm ready to start loading roms to get the deodexed system yet. I know Epic has one out already, but, I might wait for those until they are past the release candidates.

Using Xultimate should work fine....you better hurry...my DeoDexed Droid 2 Theme is almost finished uploading (currently at 80%)....it will be waiting for you when you get done :)

You are smokin'! I just got done with deodexing my system and everything seemed to work okay. Now, just downloaded Black Glass theme Deodexed version. Making a new backup and then will load the theme and let you know how it looks. dancedroid

Well, that was weird. The boot up was a white screen with a blue droid eye. Then everything on the screen looked like the colors were inverted or you were looking at a negative. Then all of a sudden, it took and looks fine now. The notification drop down is transparent like it is supposed to be and the clock is white, but the background right behind the clock is still grey like the Odexed version which makes the clock a little hard to see. I will go through my phone tomorrow and let you know if there is anything else. Thanks a bunch, Dave.

Thanks!

Will fix Clock background and upload new Update in a few hours, I obviously missed that one with the change from Odex to DeOdex.....man, it's tough to do this without a Phone!!!

SPerry

Reaction score
Yeah I thought about that after I posted. Tried to get back to edit my post before anyone noticed. LOL

Carry on while I get enough caffine to make my brain start working.

That is the Swype keyboard, switch over to the Multi-Touch KB and it will be Themed.

Quie2Droid

Reaction score

Thanks!

Will fix Clock background and upload new Update in a few hours, I obviously missed that one with the change from Odex to DeOdex.....man, it's tough to do this without a Phone!!!

It would be really tough without a phone. But, that's how good you are and why your theme is the best!

My date in the drop down notification bar is also cut off a little. It runs into the bluetooth icon and has the same size of grey area behind the year as the clock does.

I have another request, if it's not too much to ask, could you switch the dialer/phone icon back to the Droid X/2 icon? When I themed it went back to the old blue one. Just like the new one. Thanks so much.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
DeOdex Release version is uploading, should fix all the Notification/Status Date/Time issues and my 928Droid Wallpaper is added, plus other tweeks.

Will consider changing the Dialer Icon, I personally thought the Blur version was "goofy" and not as intuitive as the Android version, which is why it has been changed in all of my Droid X and Droid 2 Themes. If ever in a hurry/emergency I didn't want to hunt around for a Dialer Icon to pop out at me...the old one reminds me of phone booth signs and is obvious (yes, I am WAY old enough to remember phone booths :)

Other than Miami, you are the first to ask for it to be changed. :)

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
DeOdex Release version is uploading, should fix all the Notification/Status Date/Time issues and my 928Droid Wallpaper is added, plus other tweeks.

Will consider changing the Dialer Icon, I personally thought the Blur version was "goofy" and not as intuitive as the Android version, which is why it has been changed in all of my Droid X and Droid 2 Themes. If ever in a hurry/emergency I didn't want to hunt around for a Dialer Icon to pop out at me...the old one reminds me of phone booth signs and is obvious (yes, I am WAY old enough to remember phone booths :)

Other than Miami, you are the first to ask for it to be changed. :)

Just a personal preference on the icon. Thanks for the fixes. I will load it and let you know if I find anything. Great job!!!

P.S. I am also old enough to remember phone booths. LOL!

SPerry

Reaction score
I like the battery without percentage and the dialer icon. Car Dock is a major improvement over stock.