[Theme] 928Droid Black Glass X for Droid X !!!

anj109

Reaction score
Thanks for explaining that! Appreciate it.

Did you get it installed? I'm a noob too, but if you add it to Metamorph like your nextheme (put in AndroidThemes folder), once you click to install from meta you will get these instructions. It took me a while and I actually pushed the services jar through TE. It's well worth it though, the theme is awesome!!

Installing the framework-res.apk right now! That's where I was stuck at, I couldn't find instructions. Didn't realize they were shown when you're in MetaMorph.

anj109

Reaction score
how long should it take to apply framework-res.apk? cause mine has been sitting here for 30 minutes and won't let me cancel. Is it safe to FC metamorph?

suzook

Reaction score
how long should it take to apply framework-res.apk? cause mine has been sitting here for 30 minutes and won't let me cancel. Is it safe to FC metamorph?
You don't apply the framework with mm...not sure what ur doing....but be careful. Reread the instructions again and follow to a t

anj109

Reaction score
You don't apply the framework with mm...not sure what ur doing....but be careful. Reread the instructions again and follow to a t

Huh? It says in the directions on to
1. Apply last
2. Set the metamorph delay to 5000
3. Apply FRAMEWORK-res.apk Them LAST

That's what I'm doing so I'm not sure why you're saying you dont apply framework with mm? Everything else I've completed. I deleted the facebook, gmail, etc apk's, set the 644 permissions, and then applied the different sub-themes until i got to this last one (framework-res) where it's just getting hung up.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
I'm sorry if I sound like a noob but do we install this just like we installed the Nextheme? Thanks!

Oh and any theming of Launcher Pro with this theme?

Not to sound like an a$$, but he did respond to this question already a couple of posts above yours and it was to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS via the link that was posted as well as read the thread.:)

Just Sayin :greendroid:

I did read the thread but it was not very clear in the OP... I asked cause when I tried to load I ran into several issues and I was just making sure I was doing it right

It's cool I got no help so I'll just stick with Fab's Nextheme port which worked with no issues

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
I'm sorry if I sound like a noob but do we install this just like we installed the Nextheme? Thanks!

Oh and any theming of Launcher Pro with this theme?

Not to sound like an a$$, but he did respond to this question already a couple of posts above yours and it was to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS via the link that was posted as well as read the thread.:)

Well you do sound like an a$$, just sayin. I did read the instructions above, but for someone like myself who is just getting into smart phones and the droid community, I might have a few more questions. Sorry if this bothers you.

If someone could just answer this questions, I would appreciate it. Do I use the same commands in my terminal emulator as in the Nextheme instructions (got that theme installed fine). Everything thing else I understand, just didn't see anything about that above. THANKS.

Thank you finally someone understood what I was asking... I have been modding my Androids since the G1 and still had questions on the install. No need for some people to be .....

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score

Well you do sound like an a$$, just sayin. I did read the instructions above, but for someone like myself who is just getting into smart phones and the droid community, I might have a few more questions. Sorry if this bothers you.

If someone could just answer this questions, I would appreciate it. Do I use the same commands in my terminal emulator as in the Nextheme instructions (got that theme installed fine). Everything thing else I understand, just didn't see anything about that above. THANKS.

Putting Moderator hat on: OK, easy with the name calling, this is a family Forum, THANKS!

Putting Themer Hat on: IGNORE any instructions for other Themes and Follow the instructions in my Original Post AND inside the MetaMorph file, if you go ahead and open the file with MetaMorph there are extensive instructions inside.

FYI, No Terminal code or commands are needed with my Theme. You can do it that way if yuo want to spend more time with it or take the chance of a typo (like I did with the original XML Theme file :)

Thanks for making it a little more clear will give it a try later today! Thanks for the help

dulaney22

Reaction score

1. Apply last

That's what I'm doing so I'm not sure why you're saying you dont apply framework with mm? Everything else I've completed. I deleted the facebook, gmail, etc apk's, set the 644 permissions, and then applied the different sub-themes until i got to this last one (framework-res) where it's just getting hung up.

Double check [your permissions for the framework file and try it again. It may have taken anyway and a reboot may show the theme working properly.

anj109

Reaction score

1. Apply last

Double check [your permissions for the framework file and try it again. It may have taken anyway and a reboot may show the theme working properly.

Thanks for the reply. Tried to check my permissions but now when I try to view the permissions for any of my files or folders in root explorer I'm getting the message "system permissions cannot be changed because the file system is read-only". My usb is not plugged in. Any ideas?

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

1. Apply last

IMPORTANT!!! Make sure you have USB Debugging turned ON when using MetaMorph!! This is a known MetaMorph issue!!

IF Not you wil have an install "loop" when applying certain Themes!

Installing my framework-res Theme files via MetaMorph is perfectly acceptable, PERIOD!

Last edited:

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
For those switching from nextheme to this one

I had issues as well I restarted with sbf just to test it again and I do find that I cant just go from nextheme to your theme. If you dont want to use the sbf method try this.
If you backed up the stock framework-res.apk, and stock services.jar push them via adb to make your phone's framework stock again then apply his MM theme Just did it myself, it worked fine.

Sorry im not very good at explaining things. But if you really want this theme as I did both the method's I mentioned work for me, not 100% sure what was hanging it up in MM but I was determined to make it work and not bug anyone since I know how to use rsdlite and I know I have a working restore file I figured I'd try a few methods.

Thanks for all your work, looking forward to what comes next with this bad boy. I can finally let go of my moto droids, I'll probly keep one for theming but I think i'll sell my other 2, I already sold my incredible for the X.

anj109

Reaction score
USB Debugging did the trick!! Thanks!

1 thing. Where does the battery percentage come from because my system percentage is at 90% and my estimated % in battery left app is 89%?

phatkat66

Reaction score
i've read the first 3 posts but Im unsure where the directions are? I've downloaded the zip file and unzipped it on my desktop, inside I don't see any files with instructions either. Am I missing something?

anj109

Reaction score
I had issues as well I restarted with sbf just to test it again and I do find that I cant just go from nextheme to your theme. If you dont want to use the sbf method try this.
If you backed up the stock framework-res.apk, and stock services.jar push them via adb to make your phone's framework stock again then apply his MM theme Just did it myself, it worked fine.

Sorry im not very good at explaining things. But if you really want this theme as I did both the method's I mentioned work for me, not 100% sure what was hanging it up in MM but I was determined to make it work and not bug anyone since I know how to use rsdlite and I know I have a working restore file I figured I'd try a few methods.

Thanks for all your work, looking forward to what comes next with this bad boy. I can finally let go of my moto droids, I'll probly keep one for theming but I think i'll sell my other 2, I already sold my incredible for the X.

I just went from the nextheme to this theme without having to revert back to the stock framework-res.apk

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

FYI, I will release a "Back to Stock" MetaMorph in the next day or so that will put your system back the way it was before you applied my Theme :)

It is also wise with any bootlocked phone to copy all the system files to your PC for safe keeping.

I use Android Commander and can do this in a minute for so...easy and smart.