Tips and useful features

Wow, I didn't know this! Or many of the things already mentioned in this thread! I think I'm going to love this thread, Miller6386!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Awesome!!!! I am glad I am able to spread a little knowledge... LOL

Something else I have found very useful that I missed was the ability to choose how to open a file with what app..... IE before when I opened lets say a PDF we were always given the option to use the app "Always" or "Just Once". I liked this feature as I liked being able to try different apps based on my needs.... One of the previous updates eliminated that.. It was a one shot deal once you used an app that was it.. Well after my FDR I see that Oreo has brought back the option for this....

The option for "Just Once" or "Always" is present on my Note8, and I'm still on Nougat.
I'm on Vzw. I wonder what update that you got that eliminated it....

Ok not sure what all devices this applies to or even exactly when it became about but I LOVE LOVE LOVE It..... For years I have HATED the shaded box around lock screen notifications... I thought it looked cheap and corny... Well today by accident while FDR'ing my Note 8 I see there in an option to adjust the transparency of those notifications... Its located in Settings> Lock Screen> Notifications..... I am so excited about this!!!
786098896be8d33108f2bae29019e934.jpg
That sounds nifty. I don't have that option, so it's either an Oreo thing, or a provider thing I guess.
I have Settings>Lock Screen and Security, but I don't see any option in there for notification display modification.

The option for "Just Once" or "Always" is present on my Note8, and I'm still on Nougat.
I'm on Vzw. I wonder what update that you got that eliminated it....

Maybe it was an AT&T thing that pulled it. All I know is I hated it!! Lol

Maybe it was an AT&T thing that pulled it. All I know is I hated it!! Lol

I know on my Note4, one of the Android updates got rid of it, and I hated that they did. I like being able to choose between options too!

This is a Samsung Oreo thing but I like it. We can customize the toolbar in the keyboard. And I recommend the quick one hand option.
Screenshot_20180412-101332.jpg
Screenshot_20180412-101349.jpg

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Good stuff Miller. I read an interesting article yesterday about tips and tools with Chrome (mobile and desktop) and can't find it now. I should have book marked it to share here, there was some good info in the article.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thanks, that's what I thought also.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Back