What should I do????

Prayer

Reaction score
I have the thunderbolt. I have the chance to trade for the Charge. Should I do it??

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Try a Charge in the store first. I loved the screen and the look/feel of the hardware, but Samsung's Touchwiz interface SUCKs.

OP
P

Prayer

Reaction score
I love the screen also. I haven't had a chance to play with one. I'm just a little confused because I was offered to trade ky thunderbolt for the charge.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Offered by whom? VZW?

You obviously need to seriously "kick the tires" on the Charge before making this decision.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Besides Touchwiz, most people I've talked to that made the change were glad - mainly b/c the battery is so much better and it hasn't had the bugs the Bolt did (that are mostly fixed now). It also has a lot of dev support being that it's "open"...

But it's still different, so definitely check it out yourself first.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Besides Touchwiz, most people I've talked to that made the change were glad - mainly b/c the battery is so much better and it hasn't had the bugs the Bolt did (that are mostly fixed now). It also has a lot of dev support being that it's "open"...

FWIW, my co-worker has a Charge and complains about battery life. Loves the phone otherwise, though.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

FWIW, my co-worker has a Charge and complains about battery life. Loves the phone otherwise, though.

could that just be b/c all 4G phones' batteries suck? or is it comparable to your Bolt with regard to battery life?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

could that just be b/c all 4G phones' batteries suck? or is it comparable to your Bolt with regard to battery life?

I think it's comparable, and I don't get as long a battery life as what some others report around here (both stock and rooted). My phone will last me the entire day though.

armeddroid

Reaction score
I didnt like the Charge.
The screen is great, the hardware IMO feels cheap. I wasnt fond of the feed back on the hard buttons.
On the UI....well..i played with the phone for an 1hr, not exactly alot of time but from the time I spent with it. It had a lot of lag just from screen swiping. But an 1hr is not sufficient time to mess with a phone. Personally, if you have an up and running Tbolt..i would stick with that.
Now that the SgS2 is being released to the US. i would like to keep my eyes on the carriers it goes to. From what i read, Sprint will get the SGS2 first and to me..the only Samsung phone that has my attn is this one. But I am hearing both good and bad about the Charge. I like the weight of the Charge too..very nice and light but that gave me the illusion of it being kinda cheap. But thas just me. Def would be ideal to hang out at VZ and give it a test drive for as long as you can.

sonnl

Reaction score
After months of hassle with Verizon and the thunderbolt, they finally gave in and let me get the charge. IMO, everything I absolutely hated about the TB, the charge is the exact opposite. I actually haven't had to call Verizon complaining in almost a week, a feat I have not achieved in 6 months. I really wish I had gotten this as my first Verizon smartphone, and saved myself all the anger and hate Ive grown for Verizon. If you have the chance, I urge you to go for the charge, if not for yourself, then for all your friends and family, because you will be a much happier person.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

kparks

Reaction score
Keep the bolt that would be a significant hardware downgrade.. and for a cheap plastic phone no thanks.. only Sammy phone I would consider would be the gs2

alboboy10

Reaction score
I'd rather get a 3g then the charge. Incredible 2 would be better.

MrKleen

Reaction score
This is up to you but if I were in the same situation I wouldn't do it.

I've had real good luck with my Bolt and have had none of the issues I see others complain of.

At the moment there isn't a phone on Verizon I would trade for.