What should I do????

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
can you tell there is a wide spectrum of opinions? lol...

agt7575

Reaction score
Keep the Thunderbolt, root it and you will never look back... Much more powerfull phone than charge and more solid construction... IMHO

Sent from my Thunderbolt running DAS BAMF SENSE 3.0 RC4.9 w/ MR2.5

reefsrt4

Reaction score
Keep the Thunderbolt, root it and you will never look back... Much more powerfull phone than charge and more solid construction... IMHO

Sent from my Thunderbolt running DAS BAMF SENSE 3.0 RC4.9 w/ MR2.5

Agreed. I just switched from das bamf 3.0 rc4.9 to gingeritis 3D v1.0

Love the tbolt!

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

dustin

Reaction score
Hate your battery life? Get on eBay & buy a battery & charger for $7. I have 2 extra batteries & never worry about a dead phone again. Now that all the issues are fixed on the Thunderbolt & it has Netflix, I love my Thunderbolt again.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Get rid of the bolt so we don't have to see these kinds of posts anymore

RGRgoddess

Reaction score
Hate your battery life? Get on eBay & buy a battery & charger for $7. I have 2 extra batteries & never worry about a dead phone again. Now that all the issues are fixed on the Thunderbolt & it has Netflix, I love my Thunderbolt again.

I totally agree :) I'm a happy girl with my phone now and drove through Atlanta into Chattanooga which both have 4g and OMG it was flipping amazing I can not wait to get 4g here

alboboy10

Reaction score
With extended battery my phone is at 42 left with 17.5 hours of use.

I used navigation for about 4 hours, screen was on for like 2.5 hours. Did some surfing on 4g and youtube videos.

The display is beautiful. The phone rarely lags. Great camera. Connectivity from 3g to 4g was great today and vice versa. Can't ask for more out of a phone.

dustin

Reaction score
Watch the youtube video on Thunderbolt vs Charge, Charge has major lag vs Thunderbolt that has no lag. Better yet I believe that was even on 4G. I'm on 4G right now in Mechanicsburg PA & love it, I download songs in about 5 seconds, Internet almost has no load wait. I don't know if it's just me but the Charge looks cheap & I do not like the non touch buttons at the bottom. If anything wait for the Droid Bionic. I only wish the Thunderbolt had the qHD screen bc I work outside, although it still has a nice screen & I love the kick stand. I do recommend SwiftKey keyboard compared to stock HTC one.

agt7575

Reaction score
When I had my Thunderbolt (the wife and I just upgraded to the LG Spectrum 2, VERY nice phone btw) I purchased an extended battery for my phone and the wife's. Got it BOGO from Verizon after complaining to the customer service rep about the atrocious battery life.

dustin

Reaction score
Hate the Thunderbolt now

When I had my Thunderbolt (the wife and I just upgraded to the LG Spectrum 2, VERY nice phone btw) I purchased an extended battery for my phone and the wife's. Got it BOGO from Verizon after complaining to the customer service rep about the atrocious battery life.

I hated the Thunderbolt so bad had so manyreplacement phones in 1 year that Verizon gave me the Rezound for free. I really liked that phone but again had problems with that phone that as soon as the Galaxy S3 came out I bought it. I even emailed HTC about their sh*tty phone's and all they said was I should've contacted them about the issue's and not Verizon. I'm done buying HTC. I love my Galaxy S3 and will be upgradingto the S4 as soon as it's out.

agt7575

Reaction score
The S3 is a very good phone but the LG Spectrum 2 has the exact same specs except for only having 1gb of ram conpared to 2gb for the S3. The screen on the Spectrum 2 is better than the S3, and the LG was free w/ 2yr contract.

To each his own. Both are good phones and both are better than the TB. But like I said you needed to root and unlock the TB to make it a good phone and use it to its full potential.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

dustin

Reaction score
The S3 is a very good phone but the LG Spectrum 2 has the exact same specs except for only having 1gb of ram conpared to 2gb for the S3. The screen on the Spectrum 2 is better than the S3, and the LG was free w/ 2yr contract.

To each his own. Both are good phones and both are better than the TB. But like I said you needed to root and unlock the TB to make it a good phone and use it to its full potential.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

I never got to play with the Spectrum 2 so I can't really say much about. I use to like LG until my Blu Ray player had issues 100 days after I purchased it and had to send it back to have it fixed, my wife and her grandma both have the LG and they both complain of so many different issues with them, and the camera sucks. The LG Lucid specs are not bad at all for a budget phone. But hey, it's all a preference thing. Can't beat a free phone but me it's not about the money. I have spent $800+ on just phones and accessories since I bought the original Moto Droid a month after it came out. I am now at about one new phone a year. I currently have a white 32 GB S3 with a 32 GB memory card but might get a 64 GB memory card soon. I can't handle a 16 GB phone anymore. I do want to get my hands on an LG Spectrum 2 sometime but don't know anyone who has one. It's mostly Moto Razr's or the Lucid around me other than the S3's or a few Apple users. But i do believe the Thunderbolt was Verizon's worst phones and feel bad for anyone who is still stuck with it. One of my buddies did root the Thunderbolt and said it was better rooted.

Drew_P

Reaction score
I'm a launch day tbolter and one of the lucky ones that never had any of the problems that other users had. I kept my bolt for over 2 years (first phone I'd ever done that with) and I must say it was by far the best phone I had ever owned. Loved the build quality, the screen, the lte speeds, and of course the built in kickstand. I recently upgraded to a note 2 and absolutely love it. But.....I still can't give up my tbolt!! I still use it daily for the fm radio (a feature that can't be found now a days) and sometimes as a wifi device for the kids. I don't see myself ever getting rid of it unless it one day just dies on me. For being the first of its kind I think it was amazing what htc did with it. Just my 2 cents......

dustin

Reaction score
You are on of the lucky people then, I had 7 replacements in 1st year before Verizon gave me the Rezound. I had to give them back the Thunderbolt in order to get a certified like-new replacement Rezound. Couldn't complain because Verizon gave me a windshield dock in exchange for the one I bought for the Thunderbolt. I also went through 5 in a few months before I upgraded to the S3. The Note 2 looks like a sweet phone that I almost upgraded to but it only comes in a 16GB. Glad it worked out for you. My son still uses my wife's old original incredible but the clock image burned into the screen. He got a Galaxy Tab 2 for Xmas + kinda forgot about the incredible though. I guess all phone's are hit and miss with there flaws.