0-10, all things considered

7/10 Compass doesn't work (Google Sky View, and Streetview compass mode.) Apps don't work (TV Guide and Radio.com) Google Wallet not included. You can install it, but you won't get any updates from the Market.

You get updates through the app

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

9. Battery life is the only downside. Never had a phone where when plugged in using GPS that the battery drains. Haven't tried with lte off for the record

If you can...confirm whether or not your car charger is 1.0 amp or 0.5amp. If its not 1.0....maybe that is causing the drain with the phone plugged into the car port

9. Battery life is the only downside. Never had a phone where when plugged in using GPS that the battery drains. Haven't tried with lte off for the record

I just experienced this with an after market charger and GPS. I figured the charger just didn't work. I was streaming Google music to my stereo via Bluetooth at the same time though lol...gnex was getting a little hot :-0

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Oh and I give it a 9.5/10. I don't really think I'm having any signal issues, however I rarely make calls. Most my complaints are just about things related to the gnex or ICS being too new (e.g. apps not working). The speaker volume is KINDA low...not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. And there's an app that can fix it anyway. It costs money in the market, but its free on the developers website. ICS is AWESOME!!! That is the best part about this phone lol. I don't want to wait a year for the rezound to get ICS, so that's why I bought this phone. Screen is super super responsive... loads better than my D1 or D2...and gorgeous too btw. It does get a little warm at times. The camera is great. I don't know what everyone is talking about...mine takes excellent pictures...for a phone. I compared it to my 12mp Sony cyber shot and the picture quality is nearly the same. But it is true that you need to hold it pretty steady to get a good shot. Maybe I'm just happy to not have the ridiculously crappy cameras that come on Motorola devices anymore :) battery life is meh. I really was expecting much more with an amoled screen...and now I have the extended battery. Granted, I've only had it two days and have used GPS and other things I wouldn't normally use...but my battery hasn't made it a day yet. Before I chalk it up as crappy battery life though, I need to really give it a couple days of regular use. The face unlock doesn't always work...maybe its my dark eyes. If I open my eyes wide, it usually works lol. FFC is pretty decent quality though IMO...but this is my first phone with FFC so I have nothing to compare to anyway. Stock headphones sound nice ;)

9/10 here. Almost a perfect device. Should have included the S2 camera and removable storage. Add those and a tad better reception and this phone is perfect (for me at least).

7/10 Compass doesn't work (Google Sky View, and Streetview compass mode.) Apps don't work (TV Guide and Radio.com) Google Wallet not included. You can install it, but you won't get any updates from the Market.

my compass works perfectly fine :)
a6f82219-4855-a6f3.jpg

Via Star chart

It might go up once I root and flash a few roms.

I love this phone.

The only thing keeping me from giving it a 10 is the reception issue which I believe will be fixed. All your 3rd party apps like dolphin browser, im pro, and apps meant to add to the short comings of android is almost not needed. The stock browser is the best browser I have ever used. I do not even use dolphin any more. The battery life is pretty good and it charges pretty quick. Once you install volume + version 1.8.06 (which so far is the best imo) the volume issue is a non issue. And developers are tearing into this thing. Man I live this phone and the only thing making me put it down is when the reception just drops off. In fact I think vzw coded that in the software cuz without it people would never put this thing down. So until they get the reception fixed i have to give it a 7.5 because it has to function as a phone first. Once they fix it i give it a 9.5.

Would probably be a 10 if the camera picture quality was just slightly better.

A solid 9 for me. Battery life with the extended battery is getting better each day. I turned off NFC and that seemed to help a lot.

No signal issues to speak of; mine tracks 3g or 4g fine (wifi too). Speaker volume is a bit low, but not something I use a lot.

All in all I'm very happy; happiest I've been with a phone yet to be honest. Looking forward to it getting better with updates :)

Not sure what nfc is but I probably don't use it. How do I turn it off?

I give it an 8. Speaker problem is too bad. Sure I have volume + but I shouldn't have to

If you can...confirm whether or not your car charger is 1.0 amp or 0.5amp. If its not 1.0....maybe that is causing the drain with the phone plugged into the car port

I'll take a look if I remember tomorrow, gonna be in the car half the day on the drive back home so hopefully it'll cross my mind at some point. Even if it is the amp I never had this problem with my incredible. Then again I'm using a new charger that has dual USB ports, scosche I believe

I'll take a look if I remember tomorrow, gonna be in the car half the day on the drive back home so hopefully it'll cross my mind at some point. Even if it is the amp I never had this problem with my incredible. Then again I'm using a new charger that has dual USB ports, scosche I believe

Aftermarket USB car and home chargers even if their rated at 1 amp will charge the the battery at .5 amps. Samsung and several other phone manufacturers put a jumper across the 2 center data leads to tell the phone to charge at 1 amp. Aftermarket chargers don't have this jumper, the phone detects this and charges at .5 amps. You can tell if it is charging at .5 amps by going to settings>battery. If it says CHARGING USB it is only charging at .5 amps. If it says CHARGING AC it is charging at 1 amp. Verizon car chargers have this jumper and will charge at 1 amp.

Back