A fresh take on the Infamous Galaxy Nexus...

Thanks for the review LadyAries. Glad to see your honest take on it being a actual owner of the device. Most of us here have only played with it in the store.

Your sentiments and opinion of the device are pretty close to mine LadyAries. Thanks for finally showing up to write your review. ;)

Great reviews all. It's quite interesting to hear the pluses and minuses and to get a non-techie's perspective on it.

There is a dialer replacement from cm9 that gives you t9 dialing. That's one of my must-haves too. But stock android dialers have never included it. If your phone is rooted you can replace it.

Yeah, it is rooted... Where can I find that for her? Atleast we can try it out and return it to stock if its buggy, sure she could appreciate that seeing that is one of her biggest issues...

Next to the home button spacebar proximity issue. I've witnessed that myself on several occasions and it is pretty damn annoying...

Thanks for the welcome re: LadyAries... She'll appreciate it... Not sure how soon she will be responding as I made sure she posted before today because she has an appointment for a relatively minor back surgery. They say the procedure has a very quick recovery so who knows!

In the mean time direct your questions to me if any...

Thanks

My Rezound Rocks the Red n Black... Get over it... Now to get this thing rooted

Yeah, it is rooted... Where can I find that for her? Atleast we can try it out and return it to stock if its buggy, sure she could appreciate that seeing that is one of her biggest issues...

Next to the home button spacebar proximity issue. I've witnessed that myself on several occasions and it is pretty damn annoying...

Thanks for the welcome re: LadyAries... She'll appreciate it... Not sure how soon she will be responding as I made sure she posted before today because she has an appointment for a relatively minor back surgery. They say the procedure has a very quick recovery so who knows!

In the mean time direct your questions to me if any...

Thanks

Here you go. Rename old contacts.apk and copy this one to /system/app. Change permissions to match. I am on 4.0.3 and I don't know if this also works on 4.0.2. But try it.
http://db.tt/QPfrZpqD

It didn't work... I believe the dialer in ICS is a two or three part program... Looked like there were a couple other files involved... Take a look and maybe you could get me the other ones too??? If not, maybe it just doesn't work with 4.0.2

I did change the permissions too... No dice

It didn't work... I believe the dialer in ICS is a two or three part program... Looked like there were a couple other files involved... Take a look and maybe you could get me the other ones too??? If not, maybe it just doesn't work with 4.0.2

I did change the permissions too... No dice

Probably need an aosp build. That is the only file necessary. It's working fine over here.

Returned my Gnex last night, picked up the Rezound (again...) this afternoon.

Why? All of the other issues aside (screen, looks, OS, form-factor, etc), the ultimate decision maker for me was the radio. That, and ability to have data when LTE dies.

The Rezound's radio is the best I've experienced on all of them, holding 4G solid in a lot of places, and in a lot of buildings, switching instantly from 3G to 4G and back, etc. It never hiccuped (knock on wood) for me before. Also, when LTE dies, the ##778# "trick" can get me back on evdo rev. A 3G and back on track again, instead of waiting for VZW to fix LTE.

All great devices, but I pay for Verizon b/c they're supposed to be reliable - and if it wasn't for the Rezound, I'd probably jump the LTE ship completely and stick with my trusty Inc2.

Haha, another success story surfaces . Glad to hear you came back. Lol.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Lol

All this AND NO GIMMICK! Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

Now I can't listen to anything else you say. That's extremist talk. :p

Lol, I just want reliability, and LTE is anything but that. :)

Lol, I just want reliability, and LTE is anything but that. :)

Give it time, 3G was the same way when it was rolling out...

Back