A fresh take on the Infamous Galaxy Nexus...

Well, I rooted my D3 and other than issues with the visual voicemail app not porting over, I'm happy with with my device.

More on-topic, @ThaSurgeonGeneral: I noticed your sig says something about "rocking the red and black"...please explain?

Also, I was looking for a swype or swype-like keyboard because there wasn't one included in the rom I chose, and happened to notice one said something about T9...just a thought.

Give it time, 3G was the same way when it was rolling out...

My Rezound Rocks the Red n Black... Get over it... Now to get this thing rooted

That's why I went back to the Rezound... I can switch it back to a pure evdo rev.a phone if I want to while the LTE "kinks" are worked out... like this morning. :icon_eek:

I get that it's new, but the problem is when LTE is down, all data is down, or at least struggles, on the 4G phones. If it simply switched to a consistent 3G connection, it would be fine. I paid Virgin Mobile $25/month/line for an inconsistent/unreliable connection. I don't pay Verizon for that. And they don't market it as a beta product.

That's why I went back to the Rezound... I can switch it back to a pure evdo rev.a phone if I want to while the LTE "kinks" are worked out... like this morning. :icon_eek:

I get that it's new, but the problem is when LTE is down, all data is down, or at least struggles, on the 4G phones. If it simply switched to a consistent 3G connection, it would be fine. I paid Virgin Mobile $25/month/line for an inconsistent/unreliable connection. I don't pay Verizon for that. And they don't market it as a beta product.

+1 Very True.. I too share your frustrations btw...

Although, at the moment, even my Rezound's 3G is crap... They're workin on things here as they just rolled out 4G here, had some issues, and thanks to my trouble ticket (what Technical Support told me), they're fixing an issue they didn't know existed. So now I have no 4G and very inconsistent 3G.

Last edited:
Well, I rooted my D3 and other than issues with the visual voicemail app not porting over, I'm happy with with my device.

More on-topic, @ThaSurgeonGeneral: I noticed your sig says something about "rocking the red and black"...please explain?

Also, I was looking for a swype or swype-like keyboard because there wasn't one included in the rom I chose, and happened to notice one said something about T9...just a thought.

Red n Black HTC color scheme on the Red n Black network... You woulda got it via my other sig but I got told to take it down... This is the simplified version...

The mention of T9 was for an ICS AOSP dialer for my wifes Nexus. Doubt it will work for your D3.

The market has many solutions for a Swype keyboard. Just search for "Swype Keyboard" from your phones market app...

Last edited:
+1 Very True.. I too share your frustrations btw...

Although, at the moment, even my Rezound's 3G is crap... They're workin on things here as they just rolled out 4G here, had some issues, and thanks to my trouble ticket (what Technical Support told me), they're fixing an issue they didn't know existed. So now I have no 4G and very inconsistent 3G.

You know same here... it was rock solid yesterday. ##778# got me back on 3G, but I've been stuck on 1x all morning - mind you, my office is a bit of a black hole, but I normally have zero problems with 3G.

Poop on LTE. :)

Red n Black HTC color scheme on the Red n Black network... You woulda got it via my other sig but I got told to take it down... This is the simplified version...

I see.

The mention of T9 was for an ICS AOSP dialer for my wifes Nexus. Doubt it will work for your D3.

Right, I was just trying to help and offer a couple possible solutions ;) speaking of possible solutions, I just tried GO keyboard, and that has a T9 option.

The market has many solutions for a Swype keyboard. Just search for "Swype Keyboard" from your phones market app...

Yep :) literally thousands of options come up. Anyway, good luck with your search :)

i was looking for this swype beta. i can't find it. even went to androidcentral where they had a link and the link doesn't go to the apk

i was looking for this swype beta. i can't find it. even went to androidcentral where they had a link and the link doesn't go to the apk

https://beta.swype.com/android/get/
You sign up for the beta program, they send you an email to get the installer, you install it, it downloads the .apk to your phone
Hope that helps

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

Thanks mountainbikermark, I'll do this today.

y'all have been a wealth of helpful information. It's the could do to say thank you

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

I see.

Right, I was just trying to help and offer a couple possible solutions ;) speaking of possible solutions, I just tried GO keyboard, and that has a T9 option.

Yep :) literally thousands of options come up. Anyway, good luck with your search :)

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood your post...

Yeah, we went with Go Contacts but, its too much delay while opening the app and it kept crashing...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

No worries. I'm sure i've misunderstood others a time or two, myself.

I wasn't too impressed with GO keyboard, either. It supposedly has swype-like functionality, but it only works at certain times. It also got annoying when it'd show word suggestions even when I typed with the physical keyboard. Overall, not very helpful in my opinion.

No worries. I'm sure i've misunderstood others a time or two, myself.

I wasn't too impressed with GO keyboard, either. It supposedly has swype-like functionality, but it only works at certain times. It also got annoying when it'd show word suggestions even when I typed with the physical keyboard. Overall, not very helpful in my opinion.

Well, my wife still uses Go Keyboard as her standard keyboard but she doesn't use Swype so, no big deal...

It was Go Contacts that was the issue. Trying to have better contact short dialing ability comes at a loss of compatibility apparently...

I was waiting to get the Nexus and just stumbled upon the Rezound. By far the best phone I have had since my first iphone. I passed on the Nexus because of specs and it just felt cheap to me. Im sure its good under the hood but I dont think it could compair to the Rezound. Best camera on a phone Ive ever seen and no lag when using it to its fullest potential. I had a droid x before this and I will never go moto again due to all the software problems I had. HTC all the way!

And now your bootloader has been unlocked and you have permanent root. Let's hope the Devs jump on your phone and get you some custom ROMS. :)

Back