Android 2.1 Update Rolls Out For Motorola Droid!

One awesome feature of 2.2 is the new video camera feature that lets you use your Droid's LED light to illuminate videos. This makes those dingy MMS videos and such look great. It also has a Youtube file size at 10fps as well.

Am loving the new features and the improved user interface.
:icon_ peace:

let me ask a couple more questions
this is for the Droid 1 not the new droid correct?
is this update sponsered by Droid if so why have they not released it as an update?
Thanks much guys for the input!!

I feel like I am the only person left who has not received 2.2 yet. I have the original Droid.

Have they stopped the update for some reason?

I just did the update today I got a notification for a new one
now all the programs ( widgets) I put on the phone are gone, that sucks
this happen to any one else?

let me ask a couple more questions
this is for the Droid 1 not the new droid correct?
is this update sponsered by Droid if so why have they not released it as an update?
Thanks much guys for the input!!

Yes, this is for a non-rooted, Droid - the original one, not a Droid 2.

They are pushing it out slowly. I saw another Droider today and showed her the updated and she already had it. She got hers via an update.

My daughter received the update but my wife and I did not. How do we expedite it?

My daughter received the update but my wife and I did not. How do we expedite it?

Hold your device with the screen facing towards the sky and press the camera button halfway down.....................

I kid : ) its random and there's no way to expedite it. You will get it soon enough. Be patient.

Sent from my Droid

anyone else have a problem since the update with not being able to put their phone on silent? My phone now only goes as low as vibrate if i use the side button to control ring tone.

The speakerphone volume on my DroidX is loud enough accept when driving at freeway speeds. The HTC Eris was much better when on the freeway.

Back