Android 2.2 - Froyo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some key words to pay attention to here.

"RC" - Release Candidate. This is not the 2.2 we would be getting OTA, or if someone grabs the update.zip, etc. Don't expect miracles, just having it is a miracle in itself.

"Wifi disabled" - reports are split as to no wifi at all, to just no wifi tethering.

The full file has everything working, as CK and the OP indicated, however if they release that full build, code within the kernal can be linked back to whoever leaked it out, so they took that out. End of story there.

Darn, wish I could try it, but I'll be waiting ...

how come no super user apk? i hope this does not make me loose root i will be so sad

I lost root using the SP Recovery download. But, I still have SP Recovery installed. So it shouldnt be a problem.

Hey. No name calling!!!

sorry hookbill, i just thought all of droidforums was rooted by now

smooches :)

Um, Newton you are sadly mistaken. And being not rooted does not a fool make.

I could spin circles around your head as far as technology is concerned, but I CHOOSE to stay factory with my phone.

It does what I need, and I don't have to worry about reverting back for factory warranty, bricking, or any issue like that.

I don't really think any of us look down on you for not rooting, who ever told you that? I think it a little unfair of you to make assumptions about how we feel toward our phones and our existence though, its a hobby to most of us, just like model trains were to our Dads.
Someone posted a few pages ago about people not being rooted as "fools."

And I had model trains when I was a kid. Heck, I still have them. okay, they're in a box in the attic somewhere, but...

None of this crap matters. In about another 5 billion years, when the Sun has gone to it's red giant stage, and the earth is destroyed, anyone still around - if we get off this rock by then - will care about cell phones in the early 21st Century.

i wonder if in 30 years, the mid-life crisis will no longer be a sportscar, but rather a tricked out smartphone

:icon_ nono2:

I was real anxious for this, but now that it's hear, I'm leaning towards RW-1 and Hook's perspective... and my phone runs so great right now, I'm wondering why I would want to try something that's not ready yet... but that's just me. Regardless, props to everyone involved in getting this out there.

since I can't edit... that last post came out sounding kind of down on this whole situation, and I didn't intend it to... DF is awesome, the mods are awesome, and the fact that we can even get 2.2 on our phones so soon is an awesome thing and I don't want to diminish those facts!

Has anybody else been having problems with installing google apps? Everytime I try to install, the phone goes into a boot loop. Without those apps, I will have to go back to a backup rom.

I was real anxious for this, but now that it's hear, I'm leaning towards RW-1 and Hook's perspective... and my phone runs so great right now, I'm wondering why I would want to try something that's not ready yet... but that's just me. Regardless, props to everyone involved in getting this out there.

Let me try and clear the air a bit about my perspective. I don't have any problems with anyone rooting. I attempted myself to download 2.2 and I had a problem with SPRecovery. It may be because I'm running Windows on my Mac, not sure but I'm kind of glad it didn't go through.

I don't like this thread being used for discussing rooting. That's the whole thing. We stay on topic and discuss the new 2.2 that was just released, you have to talk about rooting, I understand that. But nobody should put anybody down or think less of someone who doesn't want to root.

And that's the end of my talking about rooting. :)

Has anybody else been having problems with installing google apps? Everytime I try to install, the phone goes into a boot loop. Without those apps, I will have to go back to a backup rom.

You talking about 2.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back