Android 2.2 - Froyo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody else been having problems with installing google apps? Everytime I try to install, the phone goes into a boot loop. Without those apps, I will have to go back to a backup rom.

You talking about 2.2?
Yes, unless there is something I don't know about 2.2, I think I need to download them to use my google phone number.

Maybe I have to wait for the downloading and synching to take place from the market. I will give it a while to do that.

Maybe I have to wait for the downloading and synching to take place from the market. I will give it a while to do that.

You may have to uninstall them before doing the update and reinstall afterwards. I remember in Droidmod we had that happen.

I am quite surprised no one mentioned this on this thread yet. But you can finally disable your data connection. I am rather excited for this. One thing I liked on the Sense port.

I am quite surprised no one mentioned this on this thread yet. But you can finally disable your data connection. I am rather excited for this. One thing I liked on the Sense port.

I don't understand. You can disable data connection in Airplane Mode or do it in the settings before. :confused:

I was real anxious for this, but now that it's hear, I'm leaning towards RW-1 and Hook's perspective... and my phone runs so great right now, I'm wondering why I would want to try something that's not ready yet... but that's just me. Regardless, props to everyone involved in getting this out there.

I feel so touched, someone actually reads my stuff... sniff, sniff ... :)

I might root, but it would have to be for the fully functional version of 2.2.

Besides, I would really only want wifi tethering, and we might get that with froyo, so one wouldnt have to root anymore for it.

Individualism is the name of the game, you get your phone running how you want, not how others wish it to be. That is as much an adocaion for rooting as against, because one can add home replacements/launchers to change things without root.

But boy I'm jealous! Cmon VZ/moto! Get it out to us!

I was real anxious for this, but now that it's hear, I'm leaning towards RW-1 and Hook's perspective... and my phone runs so great right now, I'm wondering why I would want to try something that's not ready yet... but that's just me. Regardless, props to everyone involved in getting this out there.

I feel so touched, someone actually reads my stuff... sniff, sniff ... :)

I might root, but it would have to be for the fully functional version of 2.2.

Besides, I would really only want wifi tethering, and we might get that with froyo, so one wouldnt have to root anymore for it.

Individualism is the name of the game, you get your phone running how you want, not how others wish it to be. That is as much an adocaion for rooting as against, because one can add home replacements/launchers to change things without root.

But boy I'm jealous! Cmon VZ/moto! Get it out to us!

I'm going to do it if I can figure out how to get SPRecovery on my Droid. I want Froyo too.

Yeah, but you've dabbled in rooting already, I'm a total noob.

I'll wait another two weeks or so, perhaps someone ill make it non root accessable as an update.zip for us...

Sucks to be non-root..I wish someone would make it work for non-root as well :(

How is battery life for those of you running 2.2?

I have p3's new WiFi kernel with SetCPU @ 400/700 mhz on-demand and its horrible...

10 minutes of light use brings it from 100% to 80%... :|

lol, we are not non root. We are standard.

I spent about 5 hours today trying to get SPRecovery on my phone with two great people trying to help and we couldn't get the job done. :( So I'm stuck until either I use a real Windows computer, which I refuse to do, or get the real deal.

Here's hoping it comes soon. The rest of you enjoy.

lol, we are not non root. We are standard.

I spent about 5 hours today trying to get SPRecovery on my phone with two great people trying to help and we couldn't get the job done. :( So I'm stuck until either I use a real Windows computer, which I refuse to do, or get the real deal.

Here's hoping it comes soon. The rest of you enjoy.
What O/S are you running? I've done it with OS X (which means it can be done with Linux as well I would assume)...

Well we can. Then the only way back is the sbf. Do you guys want that.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back