Android 2.2 - Froyo

Status
Not open for further replies.
noticed the other thread was closed, figured i'd post here in place of it..

thanks a ton for all the work and care enough to post it :) much love to everyone involved in the process

Downloading now... My net connection at work is effing terrible... 125k/sec!!

Believe it or not there are a ton of people out there who are not rooted.
And I am one of them who aren't rooted, and never will be.

Because this phone is just that to me - a phone. It's not the be-all and end-all to my life (whatever life I do have). It's silly that many people here think that this update is just so fricking important to their existance.

I personally am sick and tired of being looked down upon because I won't "join the gang".

Sheesh.

Because this phone is just that to me - a phone. It's not the be-all and end-all to my life (whatever life I do have). It's silly that many people here think that this update is just so fricking important to their existance.

I personally am sick and tired of being looked down upon because I won't "join the gang".

Sheesh.

I don't look down at you bro. And there are a lot of others who don't either. Put it into perspective. Just like it's their phone and they've got the right to do what they want with it so do you. You chose not to root, that's fine and you shouldn't feel bad about it. I don't.

Sheesh.

I don't look down at you bro. And there are a lot of others who don't either. Put it into perspective. Just like it's their phone and they've got the right to do what they want with it so do you. You chose not to root, that's fine and you shouldn't feel bad about it. I don't.

So hookbill what are you going to do. Root?

I see wi-fi is disabled in the notes. Anything else to be aware of?

Disclaimer: At this time the kernel has been changed to protect the original source, (you loose wifi) The original file has everything working at this point in time.

Sheesh.

I don't really think any of us look down on you for not rooting, who ever told you that? I think it a little unfair of you to make assumptions about how we feel toward our phones and our existence though, its a hobby to most of us, just like model trains were to our Dads.

Anyone try it yet? I don't really want to be the first and have my phone magically blow up in my hand

It says we lose wifi, guess that means we have to pay for it from VZW when they release it? Not sure I am willing to give that up right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back