Apple to start producing 4th Gen iPhones for Verizon

I would think about it for about 30 seconds and then say "i pass". I did want a iphone before the droid came out but didn't care much for at&t or their coverage. Only reason i wanted the iphone is for the features but there is one thing that i really did not like..........i like having extra batteries on hand. There have been times i have forgotten or the charge didn't last as long as i needed so i could pop in a fresh battery and drive on. I have 2 extra batteries for the droid now and a desktop cradle to charge them. I don't have time to wait for charges. Bedtime is not a option.....who knows when i get to sleep on a given day.

saw this last week though...

Rumor: Apple kills Verizon deal, will announce iPhone 4G alongside tablet on January 27th event

"....However, the source did have a rather interesting bit of information: Apple has supposedly killed the Verizon deal. Permanently. Why? All that was said is that Apple wishes to focus on and remain with ATT. The source added that Verizon’s recent ads (most notably the Droid campaign, which directly attacked the iPhone) were a contributing factor in the decision. The iPhone 4G will still retain its 4G functionality, though....."

Rumor: Apple kills Verizon deal, will announce iPhone 4G alongside tablet on January 27th event

"....However, the source did have a rather interesting bit of information: Apple has supposedly killed the Verizon deal. Permanently. Why? All that was said is that Apple wishes to focus on and remain with ATT. The source added that Verizon’s recent ads (most notably the Droid campaign, which directly attacked the iPhone) were a contributing factor in the decision. The iPhone 4G will still retain its 4G functionality, though....."
I'm going with this...I do not believe the iPhone was ever coming to VZW.

The ad campaign was the nail in the coffin. They spent millions for a reason and to then to go back and essentially erase everything they said about the iPhone simply does not make a bit of sense.

People will say that $$$ would change all that but I disagree. It was carefully planned and they knew they were not going to carry it. You don't spend millions, actually the most they have EVER spent, bashing a product and then a year later carry it.

Personally I don't think VZW will ever see the iPhone.

Last edited:
I love the customization of android I admit I wanted iPhone before but now that I have android I can't go back to the closed iPhone OS.

I would never own any Apple product. Too overprices and hyped. Also I will not be subjected to their arbitrary apps approval process.

I had AT&T.
I had no problem with the coverage or service.
I canceled my AT&T service specifically to get the Droid.
I really just wanted the Droid. It wasn't the carrier that brought me over, it was the phone.
I never have and don't think I ever will want an iPhone or any other Apple product. I don't know why, but I just don't care for them at all.

That being said, it's not really a fair question to ask on this board...not really the impartial place that's going to give you a good feel for the overall thoughts of the general public. Obviously most of us are much more aligned with all things droid already...

I wanted an iPhone (before there was Android), but did't want one bad enough to switch from Verison. Then I saw a friends G1, and contacted Verizon that week to see if they had one.
Droid is the first truly iPhone type I have had, and I love it. Why switch?
After all there will always be something better (well at least a a couple/few months later).

Saw it on Fox News this AM, Apple is going to start producing iPhones with CDMA chips for Verizon. When that happens, this may make for a good poll (moderators, hint hint)...

How many would ditch their Droid for an iPhone with Verizon?

Considering I bought the Droid for an iPhone-like experience but hated AT&T's coverage, and for me Verizon's superior cell coverage trumps the need to run multiple apps at one time (the biggest advantage IMO of a Droid over an iPhone other than Google Nav (which might just be available on a 4th gen iPhone)), I think I might just have to get an iPhone.

What about y'all?
I'll stick with Droid... unless iPhone comes up with a QWERTY keyboard and has more advantages than Droid.

I really just hope they make Droid even faster, with an improved QWERTY keyboard, browse/talk capable and better apps.

Regards,
Rocky

The ad campaign was the nail in the coffin. They spent millions for a reason and to then to go back and essentially erase everything they said about the iPhone simply does not make a bit of sense.

People will say that $$$ would change all that but I disagree. It was carefully planned and the knew. You don't spend millions, actually the most they have EVER spent, bashing a product and then a year later carry it.

VZ did not produce the 'Droid Does' campaign...that was marketed by Motorola...

On another note, the United States is the only country in the world that the IPhone is carried by only one wireless provider (hell, it's on Vodaphone elsewhere, and that is part of Verizon), and, both Apple and VZ are passing on large amounts of money by not having the IPhone available to VZ customers.

Although it is possible that AT&T could agree to give up everything to keep the exclusivity deal (I read an estimate on a financial website that if AT&T was to lose the exclusivity deal, they could stand to lose as much as 30% of their customer base), when everything is taken into account, IMO, signs point in the direction of the IPhone being available on VZ in the not too distant future.

We shall see...

I wanted the iPhone for so long.... until I got my Droid. I actually spoke with CK about getting the Droid over at Crackberry, and he convinced me that it was a good purchase. I have an iPod touch and after having the droid I hate certain aspects of it. The screen isnt as vibrant, no widgets, and the biggest issue I have is that it cannot multi-task. Thats the deal breaker to me. However I do feel the iPod Touch/iPhone has a better keyboard, and one thing the Droid desperately needs is an EQ for listening to music!

People will say that $$$ would change all that but I disagree. It was carefully planned and the knew. You don't spend millions, actually the most they have EVER spent, bashing a product and then a year later carry it.

VZ did not produce the 'Droid Does' campaign...that was marketed by Motorola...
This is incorrect VZW and Moto footed the bill for the ad campaign.

100M USD

As it seems with most, I wanted an Iphone bad but didnt want to switch from verizon! I waited on the rumor that it was coming to verizon until I messed with the droid! I have an Itouch so I am familiar with apple OS and I thought the Android os was way more fun and I could do more to rweak it to my preferences!

I never wanted an iPhone. The Moto Droid was the first smartphone to pique my interest. Combine that with Verizon's better coverage and the choice was easy. I didn't buy a Droid thinking it was a poor man's iPhone. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Back